•fifty seven•

Monday seemed to go by in a blur, we woke up late, hurried to get the house packed up and tidy before we rushed home to dump off Britt and our bags before getting to Austin's doctors appointment for his hand just in time. Thankfully it all went smoothly and even though his stubborn ass would not keep that splint on, things have healed up perfectly and the doctor cleared him to use it normally, like he hasn't already been doing that for a week. He was drunk off "I told you so" energy as we left the office and headed home.

We had spent the rest of the day working, both of us sifting through emails and I spent a few hours tying up loose ends and going over my bookkeeping that i had slacked on, sending off a few lost invoices and following up on some last minute emails from clients I was saying goodbye to. It was bittersweet really but I was finally ready to put that part of my life to bed for good. I'm scared shitless to finally take this leap I've been wanting to take for years, but I'm also extremely excited and I would be lying if Austin's support wasn't responsible for most of that excitement. He makes me believe in myself and I've honestly never been this confident before.

Austin was busy, and stressed and I could tell he was pushing through a ton of work that he had put off since we have been home and that he was pushing back because of our trip back to Atlanta on Monday. I felt awfully guilty and called Jodie to get her chicken parm recipe to surprise him with for dinner since I had barely seen any of him all day. I was just pulling it out of the oven when he came slinking into the kitchen with a guilty look on his face.

"I ignore you all day and you make my favorite meal in exchange. You are too good to me Sara..." he said as he grabbed my hip and turned me to face him, snaking his arms around my waist and kissing my forehead. "I'm sorry sweetheart.. it's just work gets..."

"Shhh.." I whispered against his lips, giving him a peck and cupping his face in my hands. "You are behind because of me and are putting things off and reworking your entire schedule because of me and our trip next week. The least I can do is fix you a nice dinner. Stop apologizing for your work baby... you have shit to do and I get it. I've been busy too. Sit and eat and have a glass of wine and relax for a few minutes before you go back."

"You are amazing baby. I'm not used to someone being understanding." He said as he shoveled his food into his mouth like he hadn't eaten in weeks. "Damn.. Jodie has some competition."  He said smacking his lips and laughing.

"Don't you dare tell her that Austin!" I said laughing and squeezing his thigh. "I'm going to support you Austin. That's part of the deal here." I said grinning at him. "You work hard for this and I've told you I want to be that person for you. You haven't had that and you fucking deserve it. It makes me happy to be able to do things like this. Even if it's just dinner." I kissed his cheek and took a sip of my wine.

"This isn't just about dinner and you know that hippie." He said cutting his eyes at me, his cheeks pink.

"I know it's not, baby. I'll always have you baby. Whether it's being there for you when you are nervous and need a kiss before you preform or if it's bringing you dinner when you have been writing all night. The more you tell me you never had this the more I want to give it to you. You deserve to have that."

"I love you Sara. I'm worried I'm gonna test this patience you have for me." He said with a soft chuckle.

"I love you too Austin and I'm absolutely sure you will.." I laughed. "But only when I know it's taking a toll on you and you need a break."

We ate dinner and took Brit out, sharing a smoke before he put our dishes in the washer and reluctantly sulked back into his office to work through more emails and contracts and resumes.

I busied myself around the house for the rest of the evening. I was slightly annoyed at myself for missing him the way that I did. But we were both spoiled to the down time he has had and I had to get used to the real normal of his life.