•thirty nine•

Kenna grabbed my arm and pulled me back to the bar.

"Oh hell no Sara... you need to go mark your damn territory. Don't you dare go hide! You are a bad bitch. HIS fucking bad bitch. The bad bitch that told those girls off in Florida." Kenna was in my ear, passing me her cup of vodka. I suddenly realized Leah was at my other side.

"I'm gonna have a god damn panic attack and I need a fucking minute..." I croaked. "I thought she wasn't a threat Kens..." I felt tears stinging my eyes again. I drained her cup and sat it on the bar. The poor girl bartending already had the bottles in her hand waiting.  I waved off the cranberry.

I caught Rich's eye from the corner where he was with Austin. He looked at me and cocked his eyebrow and returned the death stare he had lasered in on his son. I dared shift my gaze back over to Austin who was now back to happily chatting with a fan as Lauren stood nearby with Mark.

"Sara you didn't see his face, don't make assumptions, I was looking straight at him and he was just as shocked as you were..." Leah said. I took a deep breath and looked around for my cigarettes.

"I need a smoke... I really just want to get out of here and let him finish. I'm sure he will come find me. Tell I'm I'm in his room..." I took the shot of vodka the bartender had passed me and sat the cup back on the bar and turned again to leave. Leah and Kenna both grabbed me.

"Listen Sara, I know you don't want a confrontation or to cause ripples here but there will be plenty of times in this relationship with him that you will have to deal with people overstepping your boundaries, especially if you are in this for the long haul. Lauren is a nice girl and if you need someone to break you into that reality, I'm glad it's her. Go ask YOUR man for a fucking cigarette and let her know your place. Look he's finished and he's talking to her and Mark now. Go..." Kenna said, giving my shoulder a little shove towards them.

"I'll kick her fucking ass if she starts being lippy Moons. You know the signal..." Leah started pocketing her earrings as Kenna swatted her arm.

"Fuck Leah! No! Jesus, no one is gonna fight. Calm the fuck down mini McGregor... just go over there Damn it!" Kenna hissed and poked me in the back.

I took a shaky breath and tried to wiggle the tingles out of my fingers as I walked towards where they were standing. Rich had joined into the conversation at this point and Austin still had his back to the room. Lauren was drinking a Bud Light and nodding along with something Austin was saying, she was smiling, of course with perfect blinding white teeth. I felt like an idiot suddenly, I should just dodge them and duck back in his dressing room like I wanted.

"Here she is now!" I felt my skin prickle as Rich spoke up. "Hey there lollipop! Austin was just talking about you..." he said pulling me into his side and wrapping me in a hug.

"Hey Rich... sorry Austin I didn't mean to interrupt... I just came over for a cigarette, I um.. I just couldn't find mine." I said.

"You aren't interrupting anyone sweetheart!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me to him, giving me a hug. He leaned down and kissed me, his lips tasted like bubblegum lip gloss. I absolutely hate bubblegum flavored shit.

"Sara, this is my friend Lauren, she works for a radio station here in the city. Lauren this is my girlfriend Sara." He said, putting his hand on my lower back. He pulled the cigarette from behind his ear and handed it to me.

"Sara it is so nice to meet you! Rich is right, Austin was just talking about you. I'm sure you are ready for this tour to be over so you two can get some rest!" She smiled and extended a handshake that I accepted. I felt Austin start to run circles on my back with his hand.