Everything, I guess

Darryl left a few minutes ago to finish the barriers, but I still stand there in the kitchen, preoccupied by my thoughts.

Why's he confused? What's he trying to sort out in that head of his? Why won't he just open up for once?

I groan aloud and sit myself on the counter. My head falls into my hands as I continue to rant in my head.

He can open up to me! Why won't he? Why doesn't he trust me with his feelings? Because he see me as a child? A small teenager? We're all we've got out here anymore! He can't just brush me off like I'm already gone! Why won't-

Deep into my frustration, I didn't even notice Daryl enter the room. He now stands in front of me. My thoughts were cut off by him speaking up.

"What's wrong?" He mumbles in his thick accent. Okay, so now he wants me to open up to him? Nope.

"Nothin'." I say. I hop off the counter and go to the shelves across the kitchen, ready to finish looking through them.

I'm stopped when Daryl's hand grabs my arm to pull me back. I stand there, angry and frustrated. I look at him in the eyes, gripping and un gripping my fists as my sides.

"What?" I say through clenched teeth. He looks back into my eyes, his hold on me still there, keeping me in place.

"What's wrong?" He asks clearly and a little louder. He didn't scream in my face or yell at me, but I can't promise I won't do the same to him.

I take in his question and a sarcastic, dry laugh leaves my lips. I snatch my arm out of his grip and start to give him a mean look.

"You want me to open up? You want me to tell you my feelings and express how upset I am? You wanna know what's going through my mind?" I ask, my voice rising in volume with every word. He still stands there, a good 6 inches away, looking at my eyes.

"Do you?!" I yell at him. I see him merely flinch but no effect other than that happens. He slightly nods his head.

"Well too damn bad." I say in a light, mocking voice. I walk off from him and out of the kitchen.

I can't stand to be around him right now. And I know, I know. You might be wondering why the hell I'm so upset or why the hell I'm reacting like this. But it's so simple.

I'm sick and tired of this 'too strong of a guy' character. I'm done with this guy who is so closed off and shut down. He acts like he's so tough, like he has no fears. I call bullshit. Daryl Dixon is afraid of his emotions. I can't deal with a man who is scared of his feelings. It's down right sickening.

This man has gone through so much. He's made it farther than most the people in this world and he's going to let his emotions bring him down when the world is literally ending?

Not to mention that he rarely even speaks to me anymore! We're supposed to be a team! We're supposed to have each other's back 24/7! But ever since the night at the prison, he can barely look at me anymore.

I don't know what is going on with him. I don't know what is going on in that head of his. I don't know what he's so confused about. But he better clear it up quickly before I clear it up for him using the back of my hand.

I now lay on the bed in the bedroom of a little girl. I can tell because of the decor; pink wallpaper surrounds me along with the butterfly stickers and Barbie doll accessories. He probably thinks I'll sleep in this room because I'm 'such a child'.

A sigh leaves my lips as I shut my eyes. I try to let the stress roll off my back, but I'm quickly interrupted by footsteps and knocking on the door. I go to respond, but how many times do my calls to him go unanswered? He can have a taste of his own medicine.

"Beth." I hear through the door. Daryl also lets out a sigh that I can clearly hear. "Beth, what's wrong?" He urges on.

Silence. I don't reply. That's the answer I give him, until he slams the door open. That thing was locked. I shoot up into a sitting position and look at him with anger.

"Daryl, what the hell?!" I yell at him. He stands there in the room, a few feet away from the place on the bed where I'm sitting.

"What's, wrong?" He says in a clear and demanding voice. I groan. I never tore doors down and demanded answers like this from him! But still I sit there silent, giving him the death look.

"What's wrong?" He demanded again, coming over to sit on the bed. His body is sat a good foot away from mine, and I think back to when we were sleeping side by side.

I don't know why the hell I just thought of that but there's one great thing about that memory. I wasn't arguing with him, like we usually do all the time.

My fists hit the mattress as I stomp my feet down on the ground and stand up. Now, I have the height advantage over him as I point my finger at him.

"You, Daryl Dixon! You're my problem! You barely looked to me for months, nonetheless talk to me. And now you say you're confused? That you're sorting it stuff? What is it?! How you're going to get rid of me?! How you're going to get rid of the girl who's blocking your potential?!"

I see the frantic way his eyes lit up. His eyes went a little wide, also, with surprise.

Ah shit. What that really his plan?

"What? Beth-"

"Don't bother. I'll let myself out." I snap at him. Turning on my heel, I stalk out of the bedroom and into the living room, to where we keep our weapons.

I go to the weapon area and pick out my knife, machete, and pistol. I put the weapons in reach on my body. Turning around, I almost run into Daryl that was standing right behind me.

"You're leavin'?" He asks with a distraught expression.

"Yeah. If that's what you want. It's not what I want, but honestly, I don't want this either." I gesture between us. "I don't want this tension. I don't want the arguments. I don't want the lack of conversation because you're feeling moody or whatever."

He stays silent for a moment and I take the time to wipe a tear that fell a moment ago.

"I wanna know things, Daryl. I wanna know why you're upset or why you're happy. I wanna know if you want me to leave."

"I don't. I don't want you to leave." Daryl states in a low voice.

"Then what's been goin' on in that head of yours?" I ask in almost a whisper. His gaze drops to my lips for only a moment before it snaps back up to meet a gaze of my own.

"You." He says in a hushed manor.

"M-Me?" I ask, stunned. That means he's confused about me. That he's sorting stuff out about me.

"Yeah." He replies.

"What about me?" I ask, curious. There's several seconds of silence as we just look. We just look at each other and take in one another's presence.

"Just... Everything, I guess." He says with a slight shrug. He then backs up and starts to walk out of the room. I stand there, clouded by thoughts and our conversation.

"Goodnight Beth." He says with a small smile. And then he disappears into the bedroom we just argued in. His words run laps in my mind.

I don't want you to leave.
You.
Everything.

Dear Lord. Daryl Dixon will be the death of me.

-

HELLO! How are you, my lovelies? I hope you're amazing.

Tomorrow is my birthday! AHHHH!

I hope you guys liked this chapter. It picked up exactly where we left off last chapter.

My hands are cold and I want chocolate.

Vote and Comment and add my story to your library too, because why not!
(The more you vote and comment, the more often I will update, btw.)

Ily guys! See you next chapter, hopefully soon!