I guess we are.

Since I made you guys wait over a month for another update, there is a surprise in this chapter. I hope we can make a truce, guys. Sorryyyyy.

~

I went to sleep last night with an empty stomach but a full mind. I don't know why Daryl confuses me so much. Maybe because he's Daryl and one of a kind..? I'm not sure, but I don't like it.

I'm also to the point though that I want to figure him out. I don't want to leave him behind because he's all I can see ahead. I couldn't imagine leaving him behind. I care about him too much. Also, I would hate to leave and have to deal with people who don't know me, or what I've been through. He understands me because he's been through it with me.. I just want to pick apart this complex man to find the center that he hides so well.

He fills my mind more than Maggie does. He fills my mind more than life back at the farm does. He fills my mind more than my daddys' death does. & I know that I should feel guilty about that. But I don't. And I don't know why.

I mean, what's so captivating about an older man who shuts himself off from the world, but knows how to rock a bow and arrow as well as a sleeveless shir- wait. Beth. What? No.

..anyways..

I should probably get up and actually do something today, but I just can't find the energy to. Not the physical energy. But the emotional energy. I don't have the want to get up. Or as far as I see, which is to the bedroom door, a need to get up. So I guess I'll wait for Daryl to come in an demand for me to wake up and pack up.

I look to my watch that dangles perfectly around my wrist to see the time. My eyebrows inch themselves up as it reads a couple hours until noon.

I wonder why he hasn't come in here and forced me to pack up yet. Maybe he's letting me sleep in for once. I mean, probably not. But it's nice to hope, right? I don't care. I'm treating this as a moment of his mercy towards me and the bags under my eyes.

~ Daryl's P.O.V. ~

My eyes pried open at the usual time. 8 this morning. We always wake up at that time, every morning. I got up and went to wake up Beth in the bedroom, but my plans changed when I saw her laying there. She looked so tired and worn out. This world has definitely taken its toll on her.

But it's not the fact that she looked tired that messed with me. When I saw her, I felt something. And it's not just the feeling of responsibility or the need to protect her. My heart felt like it spasmed a little bit at the sight. But then, I had thought back to last night.

I can't believe I said all that.

I'd told her stuff that I hadn't even figured out for myself. Yeah, I'd been thinking about her; she's the only other person with me all the time. It's kinda inevitable. Yeah, everything about her has crossed my mind. But I hope she doesn't think anything about what I said..

I left this morning to get some fresh air. Ever since I left this morning, this weird feeling has been laying heavy on my heart and I feel like I some what can't breathe. But I saw something different when I saw Beth this morning and I had to clear my head. I had to be alone for a while.

I've been exploring around the neighborhood this morning, hoping to get my mind off of Beth. Actually, I should probably go back now, so she doesn't worry. But really, does she even care anymore? She's tried to leave several times and I don't know how many more times I can stop her. If she really leaves, she doesn't care.

A part of me wants her to never leave. Maybe it's cause she's a part of my past with the old group. Maybe it's because I feel like she's my responsibility and I owe it to her family? Or maybe because I just really want her here with me.