"About joining?"

"You wanna join our group?" Ray asks us. I guess she didn't handle the inductions very often.

"If you'll take us." I simply say. She seems convinced as she smiles at us.

"Sure! I don't see why not! Just follow me. Camp isn't too far from here." We turn around and make our way out of the store.

She climbs into one of the cars outside. I had thought it was broken down, but I guess not repairing it is a good camouflage nowadays. Pretty smart if you ask me.

"Follow closely." She says before she pulls out. We do as told and ride Daryl's motorcycle closely behind Ray.

Five minutes later, we're slowing down and making a sharp right off of the main road. The way is a little bumpy but we manage. After another minute, we ride into an open pasture with a church bus, tents, and a small house.

The people stand and begin to look at us in a very concerned fashion. I guess they were scared we were trouble. Me and Daryl, that is. They have a reason to be scared.

Before I can realize it, we are in front of the small house, stopping our vehicles. I climb off of the bike and begin to follow Ray when Daryl grabs my arm. I stop and turn to him.

"What?" I ask.

"Hold on. Just, be careful. We don't know these people." He mutters, very concerned. I nod in an understanding way.

"Yeah, sure thing." I assure him. He sends me a lop sided smile and I see his eyes make their way to my lips. He holds his stare there until he seems to realize what he was doing. His eyes snap back to mine and I smirk before turning and walking inside.

"Right in here." Ray tells us, gesturing for a door on her right. I nod and thank her. Daryl catches up and nods to me. I knock on the door.

"Come in." A man says. I hesitantly open the door.

"Well hello." He greets, his eyebrows furrowing together. He eyes me and Daryl up and down before continuing. "Who are you?"

"I'm Beth. This is Daryl." I introduce us for the second time today.

"Beth. Daryl. Hi and it's nice to meet you." He states.

"We were wonderin' bout your camp here." Daryl speaks up for the first time.

"What about it?" The man asks.

"About joining." I add. The man squints at us and looks at us up and down again.

"Why should I let you join this group?" He asks us, still skeptical about it all.

"Because we're good people." I tell him.

"There are tons of good people. There are tons of bad people. Before long, they turn into each other. What does it matter?"

Well, we're not getting any where with that approach.. I mentally sigh.

"We can hold our own." I confidently say.

"Then why are you here in the first place?" Well that caught me off guard.

"Because of an outbreak with our old group." Daryl tells him.

Lies.

"Walkers?"

"Yeah." Daryl assures him.

Lies.

"How many of your people did you lay down that day?" He asks, seeming interested.

"Around twenty." Daryl tells him.

Lies.

We didn't have a out break; there was a break IN. It wasn't walkers; it was evil people with no sanity. And we don't know how many people died. We certainly didn't get to lay any of them down. We fled.

"We might have spots for you two.." The man starts.

"Don't accept us out of pity." I tell him. He stares into my eyes.

"I don't accept people out of pity. Ever. I'm accepting you because I believe you are able of contributing to this group majorly." The leader says sternly.

"Thank you." I say, nodding. I nudge Daryl when I don't hear him.

"Thanks." Daryl mutters.

"Where will we stay, Mr...?" I ask.

"Kade. And in a tent of your own outside." He says.

"Our own? Like the two of us? In one?" Daryl asks, being obvious as hell. I swear, his mouth is speaking gibberish while his eyes scream, "WE HAD SEX."

"Is that what you would prefer?" Kade eyes us.

"No." I say, unwavering to his skeptical glare. He finally lets it go and dismisses us to a different guys care. His name is Michael.

"So, this is where your tents will be located." Michael instructs us, assigning our spots to us.

"Thanks Michael." I smile at him.

"No problem." He smiles back. He then walks back to his tent, which is located quite close to the house.

"How do you think this place is so far?" I ask Daryl.

"Definitely wouldn't accept us." He says. I understand him now and agree.

"It'll be fine though." I tell him. "We have what we need now." I smile.

"Yeah.." He trails off, his state lingering on me for a while. I finally start to walk past him to go to my tent before I realize how much I just want to comfort this upset Daryl.

I turn around and walk up behind him, wrapping my arms around his torso. I hug him from behind and he lets me. For a couple minutes. He finally turns around and smiles at me. I smile back and tell him good night.

"Goodnight, Beth." He says slowly.

We climb into our tents and doze off.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Frustrated bc they just need to be together but....

I love you guys and thank you so much for sticking with this story!

Comment, like, and add this to you libraries! I hoped you enjoyed!

(Also I don't know if you guys get confused or wonder or whatever so if you ever want to, ask me something! I'll try my best to answer it for ya!)

Kbye❤️