{Abyss}

A light, floating feeling. A feeling so desirable its to die for.

I let myself float up and up and up until I don't think I can go any higher.

The light gets brighter as I make my way. It's blinding by now.

So close.

So close.

"Beth," I hear.

Okay, that's my name. But it might just be someone calling me home. Calling to encourage me to go beyond the light.

I let myself go on towards the horizon of new beginnings.

"Beth," I hear again.

I grow a little agitated and tell myself to focus. I did this for a reason. I'm leaving.

"Beth!" The person is screaming now. I begin to panic and attempt to race towards the ultimate finish line.

But I begin to sink.

In moments, I feel myself falling neck down as though I am free falling from the opening of an airplane. My movements become more rapid as my mind goes wild. My falling seems endless.

"Beth! Please," the person weeps. I look down at my never ending fall, feeling like I may be here forever. The plan doesn't sound so bad to me.

"Beth, I need you. I need you here. With me," the person weeps. I find that they sound familiar as they continue, "I promised to protect you. I'm so sorry."

The voice suddenly clicks in my mind.
It's Daryl.

My somewhat peaceful falling snaps into a violent, exceedingly fast dive in a moments notice.

I begin to not be able to breathe. Or maybe I'm given the ability to breathe again. I'm not sure. But the light grows further and further away. Only now, in the growing distance from me.

I try to somewhat swim my way back to it, determined to finish my job. But the more I think of my life, the faster I begin to drop.

"Beth? Can you hear me?" Daryl asks, obviously choked up.

I can only imagine Daryl's eyes as I fall into this abyss I'm falling out of.

I begin to plunge back into my old life.

The true terror dilating his pupils.

I can feel the return.

The fear taking over him as his eyes grow wider than I have ever witnessed.

I can see the bottom of my fall.

And it's my lifeless body.

I see the bandages on my wrist and Daryl by my side before I completely fall back in place. Back into my place in this damned and cruel world.

Falling back is like in a dream when your falling off a building or a cliff and before you hit the ground, there is darkness. The darkness is my life I am returning to. Dark with death and hopelessness and depression.

In the darkness, I feel my own finger twitch. Daryl immediately speaks to me in almost a begging manner, "Beth! Are you there?"

I'm here, Daryl. Somehow, I'm here.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Double update bc I don't wanna scare you into thinking I was done or she was gonna die or some crap

Woah emotional Daryl and temporarily dead Beth tho amirite?

Thank you all please comment your opinions! Are you glad she lived? What do you think Daryl will do? Idk or you can just talk to me if you wanna hehe

VOTE BC DOUBLE UPDATE

Ily guys and I gotta go to sleep my hand is asleep ew

Kbye