Explaining!

Daryl's P.O.V.

I'm curious of this group. Ever since we arrived, I have wanted to know more about it. Especially since the scream that still, no one has explained. I want to know what kind of place Beth and I are staying at. I want to be safe. But more importantly, I want Beth to be safe. And if it takes me hanging out with Laney to figure this out, I will.

"And this is the west side of the camp, where all of the guards hang out when they're not guarding, naturally. And where some campers are. And training areas." Laney says, gesturing with her arms.

"Training areas?" I ask, a little interested.

"Yeah. We have to have people here to defend this camp. And every one needs to know how to defend themselves. So we teach them." She explains.

I suddenly figure that this beating around the bush thing was kind of going no where but getting me on the level of being able to be a tour guide. So I decide to be straight forward.

"Laney, wha-"

"Daryl. I like you." She interrupts.

I stand there shocked for a moment. I mean, not because I didn't know that she likes me. That was obvious. But the fact that I am a grown man and she, a grown woman. And she's here admitting she has a crush on me.

"Okay? And?" I ask bluntly. I can see it's not the response she was hoping for as her face falls.

"How do you feel towa-"

"I don't talk about my feelings to people who lie and cover up shit." I say. I figure that if I can make her feel like she has a way to get me to say I like her, she'll take it and spill about what happened the day of the scream.

"What are you talking about?" She says, shocked.

"You know what I'm talking about." I point at her. "You. You are hiding shit from me about this camp that I need to know."

"Daryl, I-"

"Don't you want me safe?" I ask incredulously. Guilt trip.

"Of course!"

"If you wanted me safe, you wouldn't hide things from me." Placing doubt in her mind.

"I d-"

"How do you expect me to know you if you constantly have a front up?" I ask. Mention what she wants.

With my technique all done and said, I stare at her and wait. It's bound to work. If it doesn't, I don't know what to do next.

"Okay, Daryl.." She mutters, getting a little emotional. "Okay."

I nod and she walks me across the west wing to the inner north wing. It's just a place with a trailer. I've never seen anyone enter or exit that trailer. So either it's not used or top secret.

She looks around at first, extremely cautious of anyone looking or watching. Then, when the coast is clear, she tugs on my arm and we bolt inside. She then silently closes the door.

"What's in here?" I ask.

"Proof for you to believe me." She says.