emotional day

We walk through the camp, and I don't think I've ever seen so much fear in one small space. The people are terrified. That have a good reason to be.

Rick seems to have changed. I can't pin point it, but he seems a little different. More bad ass. I'm not complaining, but I think it will be some getting used to. I wonder if Beth will see the change in Rick too, or if it's just in my head.

I'm already emotionally exhausted from today, and I don't even think it's noon. Watching Glenn's heart break earlier... I know he hasn't changed, but he might change now that Maggie was ripped from his grasp.. forever..

At first, Glenn wouldn't get up off the ground. He wanted to have his alone time to sulk. And I get that, I do. But I reminded him that we are on our way to get Beth, and he stood. Him and his sister in law can grieve together.

The doors to the building Beth's staying at come into view, and I point at it for Rick. He nods and we enter. Up the stairs, down the hallway, I see the familiar door. Me, Rick, and Glenn decide to enter. I walk in first to find her crying. I walk over to her side and hug her. She immediately hugs back and cries on my shoulder.

"Beth, Its okay. It's okay, you're okay. I'm here, I didn't leave. You're safe." I keep repeating assuring words into her ear until she calms down.

"Thank you," she finally wipes all of her tears, and rubs her eyes. This makes me question whether she has slept at all. I try not to look too concerned as I smile.

"No problem." She smiles. "You have visitors."

"I do?" She asks. Her eyebrows scrunch together. We don't really know anyone here that would visit. I can't wait to see her smile when they walk in.

"Yeah. It's not visiting hours, but they're family." I smile at her. The door opens and Glenn walks in, followed by Rick. Beth's eyes grow big and so does her smile. She lets out a little squeal of excitement.

"Glenn! Rick! Oh my god!" She goes to jump up, like I thought she would, it I remind her of her IVs and she screams, "GET OVER HERE!"

Rick and Glenn laugh and rush to her side. Rick hugs her and I can see the joy in her face. "I missed you." She tells him. I can tell that she did, I did too. He lets go, but not before he says, "We all missed you too, Beth."

Then, Glenn looks at Beth with a mixture of emotions. If I only knew what all was going through his head. I don't want to know. His heart is broken, he probably feels obligated to keep Beth alive, and he needs to grieve. He can probably see Maggie in Beth. I wonder if that hurts him.

"Glenn.." I hear Beth's voice crack. His eyes fill with tears and he brings her in for a hug. I can see how tight their grip is. Especially his. Gripping her so tight, nothing can rip her from his grasp. A small part of me gets jealous, but I tell myself to calm down because there's literally nothing to be jealous about. At all. Fucking chill, Daryl.

They're crying and hugging and I can't help but feel the urge to cry. This is such an emotional day, it's unbelievable. I wonder if she knows that the rest of the group is here. She's a smart girl, so she probably read the clues.

They exit the hug and Beth takes out her IVs. She stands up and I grab her clothes for her. She goes to change real quick and smiles at us when she comes out of the bathroom.

"Let's go, guys. I want to see everyone else too!" She walks out.

A piece of my heart jolts when I see her smile like that. It makes me happy that she's happy. I want her like that for the rest of her life. If only.

------

WOAH BABIES.
lil lit when I wrote this lol
I hope you guys like it

I FEEL GUILTY FOR NEVER UPDATING. SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS WANT? Do you want a chapter from someone else's point of view? Or an extra long chapter? Or for me to update tomorrow? Or what? I want to do something you guys want

Comment and tell me what

Don't forget to vote

Kbye