...my one problem...

I don't know how to react. I guess it's just been a little while since we've argued, so I've forgotten how to deal with his hostile front he likes to wear.

I wish he would see how childish he can act sometimes. Like, how does he not understand that we can't risk anything here? We haven't really felt welcomed since we stepped foot here. We are in no position to snoop around here, just waiting to get caught!

Sometimes I wish we were just on the road again. I kind of miss it even though it's only been about five days. It's weird being around so many breathing, thinking people and not those walkers.

It's hard to determine who the real enemy is.

I decide to go back to my tent and sleep off these uneasy feelings. Alone.

My tent is right next to Daryl's, so I'm not all too excited to get back and maybe see him. Maybe even experience an awkward moment. But to my surprise, when I arrive at my tent opening, Daryl is nowhere to be seen. In my tent or his.

I shrug and climb in my sheets.

I don't care. I don't care. I do not. Care.

My head hits the pillow and I eventually convince myself to sleep. I'm unconscious in about ten minutes.

~•~

Daryl's P.O.V.

I'm just too pissed to even look at her right now. I'm too pissed at myself. I'm just pissed.

I stomp my way through the camp, not even knowing where I'm headed. As long as I'm not going toward the tents, I'll survive. I don't want Beth to see me this angry and us argue again before I can cool off. That would do no good.

I don't know why I don't tell her what I really think.

What could it hurt??

How could I possibly hurt her by telling her that I think she has matured into a woman I like, a lot.

I don't know why I do half the things I do or say even a fraction of the things I say. I immediately attack and lash out. She probably didn't deserve that, did she?...

Beth just infuriates me sometimes. It doesn't happen a lot anymore, but it still happens. Her temper occasionally grows short and strong, like her, and I get irritated. If she starts snapping off at me, I have no patience and just lose my cool with her here and there.

Unfortunately, Beth is receiving my wrath right now. But I shake my head, trying to rid myself of the frustrating thoughts and clear my mind. I can feel my fists, still clenched.

"Can't sleep?" I hear that familiar, girly voice ask. I turn to the source of her sound. I see Laney standing about ten feet to my right, in the doorway of some kind of shed. I think it's used for Medical.

"Not really." I mutter. She hears my response and walks a couple of feet closer towards me.

"Something on your mind?" She asks innocently, like she didn't mean to pry.

"No." I bluntly say.

"You sure? You look, stresse-"

"Who isn't stressed?" I retort, cutting her off. She looks at me with a small smirk now.

"Good point." I don't respond. Also, I notice that she is about four feet away now.

"How do yo-" she begins.

"Why are you up?" I cut her off. She's not going to come out here and start questioning me. No. I don't care if I am constantly cutting off her sentences. I am still pissed.

"Couldn't sleep."

"Well, yeah. You were in Medical. You weren't allowed to sleep." I retort.

"Well, Not only that.." She tries to seductively lead on.

"Okay." I plainly say and begin to walk away. Before I can, Laney decides that she's gonna walk a few steps closer.

We are right in front of each other now. Our gaze locked and silence all around us. I have no idea where this is going.

"Why don't you like it here?" She asks.

"You guys are way too shady. Too many questions. Not enough answers." I tell her. She seems to expect an answer kinda like this.

"Yeah, yeah, the scream. Whatever. What abou-"

"No, it's not just whatever. Who was it? Why? Where? How? There are so many.. mysteries here." I explain.

"There are... Several mysteries..." She smirks at me and tries to look very charming or appealing.

"I want answers." I say.

"Then you'll have to stay to see the answers at the end. Discover them to find out." She smirks once again, like this is a big game.

In this lighting, Laney doesn't look too bad. I see her features that are nice and not too awkward or manly. Her body is fit and the light is reflecting off her eyes.

It's only me and her...

She seems to realize all this too as she microscopically tilts her head to the right. She them migrates her head just a little bit towards me. Her gaze is stuck on my lips, only transferring to my eyes occasionally.

As soon as we began to lean in, I snapped out of the trance I felt I was under.

"We'll see about that." I mutter as I walk away.

As I walk away to be alone, all I can think of is,

It's the end of the world. People are dying and coming back. Coming back to eat me. The world as we know it is over. And my number one problem, is GIRLS.

~•~•~•~•~•~•
I made it a little longer haha
I'm snapchatting my crush and he's my bff on there. He's precious hehe

Ily guys! COMMENT VOTE AND STUFF PLZ BBYS. IT ONLY TAKES A MOMENT.
ily bby