mental breaks

Tears make streams down my cheeks and all I can think of is my big sister. She was my role model, my idol, my best friend... & now, my nightmare.

The image of her attempting to attack me replays in my mind. Over. And over. Until the arrow sticks through her forehead. The arrow. Daryl.

Suddenly, he's in front of me. Shaking my shoulders. But I don't move, I don't speak, I only look at him mindlessly and think.

He looks wonderful as well as worn out. So tired of running. So tired of everything this life has to offer anymore.

I wonder if I look like that. I know I must. Because I AM worn out. I AM tired of everything. I AM tired of running from these monsters we just can't seem to get away from.

..I'm just so tired of getting hurt..

"Beth! Do you hear me?!" Daryl screams in my face, trying to get me to mentally reel back. I shake my head to try and focus.

"Maggie.." Is all I mutter. He turns and looks at the walker he had shot down without a second thought. His eyes become pooled with tears but he doesn't let a single one drop. Not yet. We're in war and its not the time.

"I'm so sorry." He sincerely says, catching my line of vision with his. "But we have our jobs to do."

These words hit me in a way they have never hit me before. I feel a pounding in my temples, not just from this intense scenery that we are avoiding at the time, but because I'm having too many mental breaks. I think I might go crazy.

We all have our jobs and I agree that we all have to stick to them and finish them. But who says what your job is? Who assigns you a job in the damned, cruel world!? Ourselves! So I'm assigning myself a job. Starting now.

Leave.

I rip my knife from my side and force the blade to the skin on my wrist. I slide the knife across and let the blood flow, not even trying to stop the downpour.

The last thing I see is Daryl's panicked face, with true fear in his eyes.

He'll be thanking me soon. He didn't need anyone to hold him back. He's too good for that. He's too good for this life. He's too good for this world.

I close my eyes and feel myself trying my hardest to leave this hell whole we call life.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

IM SO SORRY OMFG I DONT KNOW WHAT GOT INTO ME

not changing it tho

ILY GUYS AND THANK YOU FOR WAITING FOR THIS I KNOW IT WAS SHORT BUT IT WAS INTENSE SO AHHHHH

ily and please comment your thoughts (try to stay positive?) and vote plzzzz You can also add this to YOUR LIBRARY EEEP! thank you so much, guys!

Kbye