Miss me?

Our tents are a good two feet apart. So when he talks, I know. When he rolls over, I know. When he breathes, I know. It's actually really weird.

There are lots of empty tents around ours out here. I think it's because we are new and they don't know if they can trust us yet. I don't blame them. I'd do the same.

But Daryl knows this too. He knows that we are all alone out here. No one in a tent for a good 100 feet and all those people are asleep.

"Beth." I hear Daryl say.

"What?"

"Do you miss me?" He cheekily asks me.

"No."

"Yeah you do."

"No." I insist.

"Yeah. Your dying without my touch right now." He tells me, obviously smirking. I can't believe he's doing this right now.

"Are you sure you're not just saying your desires?" I teasingly ask him.

"Oh, so you think I miss your touch? You think I miss you, Beth?" He teasingly pressures me.

"...I don't know... Maybe..." I mutter, unsure. But of course he can hear my mutter, we're two feet away from one another.

And suddenly, this conversation gets super awkward and silent. We lay there with no interactions for a minute.

Great. Of course I have to make this weird. He was joking with you, Beth! Stop trying to get your hopes up.. He'll never admit that he misses your touch like this. You're way in over you're head. Dumb ass...

"Well... I don't know.." He trails on. "Good night." He cuts off the conversation.

"Daryl." I say, trying to get him to tell me the answer. I knew it would end up like this.

"Daryl." I try again. Silence.

"My God..." I mutter.

"Yes?" He answers. I about die with laughter right there. Okay. So he can respond to "My God" but not his actual name?? I hear him chuckle too. And once I mentally calm down, I roll over.

"Goodnight." I tell him with a slight smile.

"Goodnight."

And we both drift off to sleep.

~~~~

I wake up to a scream.

A woman's scream.

She sounds like she's dying..

I shoot up into a sitting position and immediately climb out of my tent. Daryl has already beat me to it, crossbow in hand.

"Is everything okay?" A man suddenly asks us. I look at him only to see him eyeing us confused, like we are lost.

"You tell me! What was that? Why was she screaming?" I immediately start to question him.

"Hold on, calm down, chill." He speaks to me like I'm stupid... The man tells me all this while using these confusing hand motions.

"Don't speak to us like that. Like we're some dumbass kids." Daryl snaps. I feel my heart do something weird. I don't know how else to describe it other than a good, light action. He actually defended me/us and said that we weren't dumbass kids. There is hope.

"Sorry, man. I know as much as you do about the scream." He tries to suck up. I already don't like this guy.

"Ok." Daryl mutters. He turns towards me and the guy awkwardly leaves us.

"You're ridiculous." I grin. He smiles at me. "Stop this. People will actually think that you have feelings. Like normal human beings." I joke.

"Wouldn't that be a shame." He replies with a smirk. He suddenly turns and walks towards the heart of the camp.

"What's your plan?" I question him, unmoving.

"Gonna investigate." He simply says.

"M'kay." I reply. I lay down inside of my tent; I wish I could go back to sleep. I'm so exhausted..

And with this, I meet sleep once again.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

GUYS I HAVE A REALLY BIG QUESTION

SO BIG THAT THIS CHAPTER IS BORINH AND SHORT AND POSTED EARLY

HERE IT IS. ARE YOU READY

I'm thinking of writing a separate zombie apocalypse book. Should I?

I want your honest opinions for this! I already have some ideas for it and i think it's pretty cool. I just don't know if anyone would read it???

Comment if I should or if I shouldn't.

THANK YOU AND I LOVE YOU GUYS A LOOOOOOTTTT

KBYE❤️