Love????

I wake up with a crick in my neck. It certainly was a long night.. I kept on waking up due to painful nightmares that turned out to be memories from yesterday. I kept on trying to go into Beth's room, but my subconscious stopped me every time. I don't think my mind could have taken it.

"Daryl?" I hear from behind me. I turn my head to see the nurse from last night.

"Is Beth okay?"

The nurse wears a soft smile in reaction to my question.

"Yes. She's still alive." She updates me. I feel a huge weight on my chest dissolve. That's a relief.

"Then what is it?" I ask. She looked unsure before she began to speak.

"See, I see it's only fair that since I saved Beth's life, you share something with in return."

"Oh great. A nosey nurse. Just what I need." I groan and roll my eyes.

"No! I'm just wondering... Why aren't you two together?" She timidly asks. I roll my eyes.

"That's none of your bus-"

"Please, Daryl." She interrupts in a condescending tone. "I saved her life. The least you can do is answer this question."

It was silent for a few moments.

"Fine." I reply. I can visibly see her relax.

"I'm a lot older than her. It's a big age gap. Not one you would see everyday. It's more of an insecurity, I guess. I'm scared people won't accept us if we're together.."

She nods but wears a confused facial expression. "I don't get it." She responds. I harshly sigh and turn away from her.

"Of course you don't," I mumble.

"The world's gone to shit. What does it matter?"

I turn at her response and make eye contact with the woman.

"You really think so?" I ask.

"I do. People have worse things to worry about nowadays, don't ya think?" She answers. I nod in agreement.

"And one more thing." She adds. "If she's put up with you for this long, she's bound to have some sort of feelings for you. Act on them. Be with the person you love." With this, she turns and makes her way out of my line if vision.

She keeps mentioning this word. Love. Do I really love Beth?

~¤~¤~¤~

I laid back down on my small bed in the hallway. I now lay on my back, staring at the ceiling- waiting for Beth to wake up at any moment. I suddenly hear faint, rushed footsteps, quickly growing in volume. I sit up now turning to peer at the door.

The door burst open and I see a frantic man that is familiar to me. I recognized him as an official of this small group. Why he is in a frantic state, I don't know. Yet.

"Daryl. The outsiders are here and looking for a fight." The man says.

"So why are you coming to me?" I wonder out loud.

"Because many of our mighty leaders are dead or have disappeared. We need someone." He desperately explains. "Please."

I had really wanted to be here at the hospital when she woke. But I now see that my service is needed elsewhere. If it's a fight these men were looking for, then a fight is what they'll get from this redneck, angry, tense, warrior.

"Where?" Is all I said. The man visibly relaxed at my response. He turned and began to walk out.

"Wait" I call out. I turn and battle my conscience once again. My hand turns the handle, and I enter Beth's room. I first see her Halo of blonde hair. Then I see her bandages.

I walk over to her bedside side and take her hand gently. My head slowly ducks down to her as I place a soft kiss on her cheek.

"I'll be back, Beth. I swear. I've just got to go handle the people who tried to destroy our lives here. I'll be back for you, okay? You'll be okay."

I don't know why I feel the need to explain myself to an unconscious girl. Maybe it's because I feel obligated to. Maybe it's because I love her. Or maybe it's because every time I talk to her, or look at her, or walk away from her, I know it could be my last.

I walk out of Beth's room with a small piece of guiltiness on my chest. Would she want me to leave her like this? She would understand. She's the only one nowadays who really understands.

Alright. Enough with the sappy thinkin, Daryl. You've some people to take care of. Damn straight.

~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~

YAY I UPDATED

Took me long enough, amirite???

ILY guys and guess what? I'm almost seventeen. And also guess what? We reached 12K reads. And also guess what? I love sappy Daryl and I'm not scared to admit that. Sorry not sorry.

Thanks for reading & don't forget to vote and comment and stuff !!!! ILY babes and it's nice to be back!

Kbye❤