..Long for..

I ended up sneaking back into my tent last night. I'm still a little bit frustrated with Beth, but not enough to snap at her this morning. If I see her, that is.

I came out of my tent about an hour ago. I'm now at the breakfast area where we get our food for the morning and all communicate as a "peaceful community". I'm waiting for Beth. She's my only "community" and the only "community" I need..

Right as I let this though cross my mind, a pesky woman enters my line of vision. The same pesky woman that tried to make a move on my last night.

"Good Morning, Daryl." Laney says seductively. I just mumble a hi to myself. She then decides it is an amazing idea to sit by me, so she plops herself down beside me.

"How are you this morning?" She asks me, smiling.

"Alive.." I inaudibly mutter to myself.

"What was that?" She asks, feeling obligated to lean forward more to hear me. I make a confused face and back up from her a little bit.

"Fine." I say so she'll leave me alone.

"I hope you're better than fine, Daryl. I hope that your day is the best of your life. That you get the courage to do what you want. What you long for..." She begins to lean forward my face. Why? To kiss me. Why? Idk.

"Laney." I say, making her keep eye contact with me.

"Yes?" She asks me, looking more like an innocent person. And in this moment, she looked more attractive than she ever has.

And while distracted by her looks, she swoops in for a kiss. I feel her lips plant firmly on my own, pushing for more intensity. I lose my train of thought and kiss back.

In our kiss, I feel the urgency. The eagerness. The scandalousness of this act. I feel how much she wanted it to happen and how much it took for her to do it.

Or I just feel how good of an actress she is.

We stay like that, lips moving against each other's, until I feel it is too weird. I mean, it is in fact Laney. I break apart from her and look at her like she has sprouted a third head.

"What was all that about?" I ask her. She sits there with a slight smile on her face. Her eyes stare into my own for a moment and she looks pleased with herself.

"I'm just doing what I long for.." She tells me in a lower than usual voice. And before I can confront her about the kiss and how it was not okay, she walks away from me.

"What the hell...?" I whisper ask myself.

I perk up to look around. And it's not to look for Laney. I really hope that Beth did not see that. That would not make anything better at all. I would just become the bad guy again. Like always, lately.

I know that it's important that Laney just kissed me. But right now, I have to choose. In this moment, I have to decide. I'm getting nervous already from it and it's not even done...

Do I tell Beth or not?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Shortish chapter ha sorry ily tho bye