The aftermath.

I wake up to me, my naked self, and I. Where Daryl went, I don't have a clue. While he's gone though, I jump up and start to fully dress myself again.

Why did he leave?

Because you were bad in bed, obviously. *eye roll*

Shut up! That's not why!

...but what if it is..?

"Oh shit." I mutter to myself.

Was I really that bad in bed? To the point where he left me in the middle of the apocalypse?? I wonder what all I did wrong..

I walk myself to the kitchen and still haven't found Daryl. I haven't seen any of his gear or any of his belongings in the house all morning..

Did he really leave?

My eyes wonder over to my watch and it show that it's 5:48. WHY AM I WAKING UP THIS EARLY. I never wake up this early! Especially not naturally like this!

Over the next several minutes, I become confused. Every moment that Daryl isn't here, my mind becomes more and more clouded with confused thoughts.

What would make him leave? Was it me? Has he even left? Am I just over reacting? Am I thinking too my questions? Am I that bad at having se-

My thoughts are interrupted by the front door opening. It wasn't loud and the door is slowly being shut to where if I wasn't close by, I would have never known it was even moving.

I begin the question if it's Daryl or something/one else so I decide to investigate. I hear the lightest of footsteps heading towards the kitchen. My breathing hitches and I frolic lightly around the corner.

Just in time, the person makes their appearance in the kitchen. I bend down slightly and see that in the reflection of a picture frame, it's a familiar face that I know have a romantic tie to.

Daryl.

I turn the corner with a blank face. Once he sees my movement, he freezes in place and looks at me. Making eye contact, his eyebrows rise is surprise.

"You're up early." He says.

"You're home... Late?" I say like a question with my eyebrows furrowed. I realize that all of his belongings are with him right now, on his back. Why is that? I don't know. But I'll sure as hell find out. I hear him let out a breath.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"Where were you? Why do you have all of your stuff with you?" I immediately start questioning.

It's silent for a moment. We stand there with locked eyes and stressed minds. He looks as if he's contemplating whether to tell me or not. I hope he tells me...

Moments turns into minutes as the silence lingers on. At this point, I'm dying for him to say something, anything. I feel like my mind is going to explode. Just explain yourself.

"The truth?" He asks.

"Please."I quietly respond. He lets out another held in sigh and a hand runs through his hair. He stares at the ground now, nervous or ashamed or something. I can't even tell any more. My anxiety is getting the best of me.

"I was gonna leave."

What.

What.

what.

"What?"

"I'm sorry." He says, not able to hold simple eye contact with me.

"No. Sorry isn't gonna cut it, Daryl. What the hell do you mean, you were gonna leave? Just ditch me behind and forget about me?" I question. I silently gasp at his silence.

"Daryl..." I begin. A tear falls down my cheek. "W-Were you using me?"

His head snaps up and examines my face. His eyes show sorrow and regret. But I really don't care right now. How dare he. . .

"Beth.." He steps forward, so I step back.

"No! You were using me! You just- you just wanted to g-get in my pants." I begin to sob.

Right about now, he's looking guilty as hell. Good. I hope he feels guilty as hell. He's a piece of shit if he thinks he can do this to me and not have consequences.

"I didn't, Beth. I swear." He says, walking a step closer. I take a step back and come inches away from the wall.

"I don't believe you." I say through gritted teeth.

"Would I have come back if I did use you? If I would've used you, I would hit it and quit it. That wasn't the reason. I'm still right here." Daryl desperately explains himself.

"If you weren't trying to hit it and quit it, you wouldn't of gone to leave this morning."

"There's a reason I'm back, Beth. I couldn't just leave you by yourself." He tells me.

"Oh, so now we're back to you seein' me as a kid? Fuckin' great." I say, rolling the hell outta my eyes.

"Would I have fucked a kid?" He questions.

I go silent.

"We didn't fuck." I mutter.

"What?" He questions. My cheeks involuntarily heat up, but thank goodness it's not visible.

"We didn't fuck." I inform him.

"Oh yeah?" He walks forward. I go to back up but am cut off with the wall blocking my way. He stands with his chest pressing lightly against mine.

"Stop. Just, stop it. I'm so pissed and disappointed.. I really didn't think any of what happened through. Just leave me alone." I boldly tell him. I then walk around him and to a spare bedroom. On my way through the door, he makes sure he gets the last word.

"Like you regret us fuckin. Yeah right, Beth." He boldly scoffs right back.

While I lay on this raggedy bed, I think to myself. I try to get some of this out of my mind because this stress is just unbearable. but the only thing on my mind today is. . .

This aftermath is shit.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I'm so sorry. The moment I promise to get on a schedule, I get grounded for three weeks. But I am on my computer! Secretly. hehehehe.

I'm also updating my other story today so check that out if you wanna. That's cool.

So I have to go but I love you my pretties and dont you forget about this book just because I might forget to update. lolol haha im tired. kbye