Bethyl: The start.

I squint my eyes to the right and see walkers slowly creeping into the gates as they discover the door is now wide open to our vulnerable selves. To my left, I hear an explosion, but I'm not extremely worried since they've been going off periodically for the last 10 minutes. I am too shocked from the event earlier to react properly to anything. The moment my daddy got his neck sliced by the most evil man I have ever known, floods my mind.

The Governor just raided our perfect prison. Our home. So when they started to attack, we did the same.
I come back to where Maggie left me, the bus. I had tried to round up the kids and bring them here, but when I get back, the bus is gone. The safest way out of here. There's no telling who made it on that bus because I missed it along with my chance of surviving this crap.

I then see through the blur of smoke and tears the shape of someone coming close. Not knowing if it is an enemy, walker, or friend, I raise my gun.
I then realize the shape is Daryl striding his way over, crossbow in hand, of course.

"Beth!" he screams out to me.

"Daryl! Oh my-" he cuts me off with urgency in his voice.

"We've got to go, Beth," he sadly says, "we've got to go."

I just don't know if I can. I have finally gotten used to this place. It is my home. It is our home. Everyone. Although currently, I don't know where everyone is, if they even made it or if they were made into a meal.

"I mean it Beth, Come on!" he yells, momentarily clearing my head of some of the fogginess.

I hesitate before I whimper and reply, "Okay.. Okay."

We are then on our way to whatever lies next as we enter the woods, running. We have been sprinting for our lives for quite a while now. I suddenly realize two walkers coming from both directions of me. To notify him that this is happening I say, "Daryl!" When he turns around, I notice, in the middle of me killing the walker closest to me, he has this distraught expression that immediately turns into annoyance. But with me? Or with the walker?

As Daryl turns, he has his knife in hand and with one swift motion, swings his arm so he plunges the blade into the forehead of the last walker.

"Thank you." I say to him, reaching out for some sort of sign that he was still mentally and emotionally with me.
Daryl gives out a bit of a grunt and just keeps walking on, slowly building speed with me on his heels.

We run on for about another hour and a half, fighting off random walkers that tried to get at us in the woods, not looking at eachother, not talking, not doing anything but run. Run from our past, because it has nothing to offer now. Not now, since we lost everyone.. or at least I hope not..

I call out to him pleading for mercy, "Daryl.. We, we need to stop. Please."
He just kept running, so I did too. This Daryl Dixon is not going to get rid of me that easily. I then call out louder,

"DARYL. STOP. YOU NEED TO STOP." At this, he slams to a halt so fast I almost ran into the back of him.

"Why?" is the only thing he says to me.
To be honest, I was a little shocked that he even acknowledged me. I almost gave up hope..

"You-we need to stop. Stop running. Stop ignoring our physical needs to eat or sleep or drink something. Hell, to stop ignoring each other in general! Stop acting like this is a big nightmare, you can't wake up from, Daryl. This is real! I'm real! Stop acting like you can just literally WALK it off. Take a break, Daryl. Please." I feel a release float off of my shoulders when I finish.

"Damn..." he replies, practically gasping for air. "I forgot you like you do that from time to time."

"Do what..?" I ask with a confused tone.

"Blow up on people with this big speech outta nowhere. It's really inaffective." he says to me with his southern accent and plain look on his face.

I ignore his attitude the best I can. I am honestly just glad we stopped. I need a break. WE need a break.

Out of all of this, I am glad I got out with Daryl. I am glad we get to survive together. I am glad we have eachother because to be honest, that is the one thing going for us right now. I have Daryl & Daryl has me.