Of a girl

Daryl's P.O.V.

I'm glad Beth didn't come with me to investigate. Not that I don't want her around me, but that it might be dangerous.

We don't know nothin about this place! We just, came here. On second thought, maybe this wasn't a good idea.

I thought hard about us comin here in the first place. We didn't know anyone. We didn't know who they really could have been. We didn't know if we could trust the people here. They could've been cannibalistic or some shit! But the look in Beth's eyes...

I agreed because she had hope. And if she has hope for something, who am I to stomp it out? I'm not gonna anymore. I'm sick of hurtin her.

I just don't know how we're supposed to be.. us if we're around disapproving people all day every day.

Tossing those thoughts aside, I now stand in front of the heart of the camp. This house in the dead center of the gathering of these people. I stand in front of the door, about to yank it open silently.

When I open the door, I walk through to anywhere that I see important looking people. I find a table with a few people sitting around it, talking. I clear my throat and they all three realize my existence at the same time.

There are two women and one man here. The man looks about 25, give or take, the same as the thin brunette girl at the table. The two middle aged people are sitting mighty close with their arms touching.

Assuming they're not siblings from their different features, I conclude that they're most likely married or together in some way.

The other woman though, she stands now. Tall, sturdy, fit, blonde, and powerful looking. She's not bad looking, if I'm being completely honest.

But I think the only reason she stands out.. is because she reminds me of a girl.

A girl I've known for a while.

A girl I promised myself I would protect.

A girl that has stuck with me through thick and thin.

A wonderful, beautiful, fit, blonde, innocent looking girl that is invading my mind even as I look at this other woman.

Even now, my mind is full of Beth.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I know, it's super late and short. BUT I'm happy to finally do a chapter in Daryl's pov bc you can know what he's thinking about in all of this.

ALSO..... I've been working on the main concept of my other zombie apocalypse book. I don't know if I'm going to post it yet (I think I will) but if I do, please support it and tell me feedback! I think it's going pretty sweeeeeeeell.

Kbye❤️