Oh, shut up.

Daryl's P.O.V.

"How can I help you?" The blonde woman asks, confused but intrigued.

"I wanna talk to the leader of this place."

"I'm sorry. He's away right now." The brunette tells me.

"On important matters." The guy adds.

"Where?" I ask.

"I can't tell you that." The brunette says. The man slightly nudges her arm and gives her a certain look.

"Because we don't know where he is." The guys adds again.

"You sure bout that?" I ask, eyebrows creasing and my head cocking to one side.

"He didn't say." The blonde comments. Her fierce glare burning through me, like I'm prey.

"Well, do you know what the hell that scream was about?" I ask.

"What scream?" The blonde asks, a little too innocently. I don't break eye contact with her until I've almost walked completely out of the room.

"Name's Laney." She adds before I leave.

Walking back to my tent, I think of the girl and why she stared at me so... Intensely. What the hell. Do I have somethin on my face?

I eventually get back to my tent.

And to Beth.

Instead of walking into my tent, I walk into hers. Her head snaps towards the opening, and at first, she looks startled. I sit down next to her and intend on telling her about the three people I found.

"I tried to investigate." I start out.

"..and?" She insists.

" I found three other people instead. One couple and a blonde girl."

"What'd they say?" She asks.

"A bunch of bull shit." I say with a chuckle. Beth lets out a laugh.

"They told me they didn't know where he was. Said that he didn't say. The blonde even played dumb. Acted like she didn't know the scream happened." I scoff at the thought.

"What a bitch." Beth says, sarcastically being a little too sincere. I look at her and my straight face soon turns into a smile.

"Oh, shut up." I mutter, still not helping but to smile. She smiles back.

"...There was this blonde girl..." I start.

"Oh, shut up." She says, playfully slapping my shoulder. I laugh.

"She had her eye on me." I tell her. "Truthfully." I playfully add.

"Well, I don't blame her." She winks.

"And why is that?"

"Because." She starts. "You're Daryl."

I smirk at her and start to lean closer to her. I didn't think about it much at first, but now I'm contemplating if she will even do something. What if she's too scared that someone is going to see. I understand. But I wonder if she cares.

Beth suddenly seems closer. And it's not just because I shifted.

"And what does that mean?" I ask. I look her in the eye.

"It means... that you're a hero, and basically irresistible." She flaunts the words. I move closer.

"How irresistible?" I slightly push with a smirk. I see her smile one more time before she leans in all the way.

I feel her lips against mine, and I knew then that she didn't care about being with me in front of people. She pushes our bodies a little closer and I can practically feel her heart pumping; but then again, it might be my own.

She lays one of her hands on my chest and I push my fingers in her long, slightly tangled hair. I can still feel her smiling in the kiss as we sit there. We break the kiss and continue to sit together. Her head eventually lays on my chest, and we enjoy the silence. That is, until I remember about the conversation I had earlier, and wanted to talk to Beth about this place.

"Do you think we could stay here?" I ask her, fingers still running through her blonde, wavy hair.

"Maybe." She shrugs and looks up at me. "What do you think?"

"They're shady."

"Shady, how?"

"Them guys obviously knew where the man in charge was. They were lyin straight to my face. It couldn't have been for no reason." I say. "They're hiding shit. And we're either gonna leave because of it or stay because we choose to ignore it."

It's quiet for a minute.

"I don't want to stick around until another one of our camps crumble before our eyes." Beth says.

"And I won't let you have that burden." I tell her.

"Then, we need to know our place here." She says, sitting up and looking me in the eyes all serious.

"Alright. So what's the plan, Greene?" I ask.

"We investigate. And if they're hiding anything we don't like, we leave. If we don't find anything too suspicious or awful," she pauses, "We can stop running."

"We've got ourselves a plan."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Christmas and its 79°
I hate my life
But I'm sorry for the awful chapter it is completely... idek. I was watching TWD and writing this at the same time so it's prolly all running together or whatever but stillllllll