Eavesdropping??

Daryl's P.O.V.

I wake up in Beth's tent about twenty minutes after our last conversation. We were just having a quick nap to energize ourselves. Although, other people don't have to know that we did so in the same tent.

I creep out of Beth's tent and back over to my own. It's a few hours past noon right now, and I decide that if Beth doesn't wake up in thirty minutes, I'll wake her myself. I don't want her staying up all night because she fully slept during the day.

As I sort through my stuff in my tent, I hear some conversation on the other side of my thin sheet of plastic. I hear a familiar girly voice that I recognize to be Laneys. I then sit completely still so I don't make any noise to let her know I'm awake.

I hear footsteps over to the tent next to mine. To Beth's.

"I'm telling you, it was a woman." Laney says.

"Positive?" A man asks.

"One hundred percent."

"Then why are there no women missing? Why hasn't there been a realization that someone's mom or sister or best friend here has been gone for way too long? Why was there a scream in the first place?" Another man asks.

"Now, we both know that these questions are not solved yet." She responds.

"I know. I just hate the way things have to go around here." He mopes.

"Stop that." She commands. "Stop complaining. You've had time to adjust to the conditions. You don't have time nowadays to complain about life, you just roll with it."

She sounds like a complete bitch. But that was a good point..

"Now shut up, dammit, and stop being a little tit!" She silently yells at him.

"What do we tell the family?" He asks her.

"The same thing we always do, Andrew. Don't sweat it." She simply says. I then see her shadow walk off with his tagging along.

"Damn." I mutter.

"Well, shit." I hear from the tent beside me. It caught me off guard, so I end up letting out a laugh. I didn't know if she heard all that.

"Shady as hell if you ask me." I hear her whisper in my direction. I hum in response to agree with her.

We then lay silent, pondering what she could have meant with the words "the same thing we always do". What are they hiding and what do they do to cover it up?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I just got a job and I work literally all the time. I've typed this up in the last few days. IM SORRY FOR THE AWFUL UPDATE TIMES I LITERALLY SUCK IM SORRY

forgive me plz

Ily bb