"Envious?"

"Wait. So, go over it again?" Luke asks, still a little confused. I sigh and reposition myself in my tent.

I had told Luke to meet me here at around noon because I knew Daryl would be off in the woods as he normally does when we argue. I'm explaining to him my need of assistance. And so far, he doesn't seem to wrap his head around it.

"All you're doing is tagging along behind Laney. Then, you're telling me what she speaks about and who she speaks to. No one knows I am affiliated with you, so no one will be able to trace it back to this. Right?" I ask, kind of hinting toward the fact that neither one of us should run our mouths about this.

"Right." He replies with a curt nod.

"So, will you please help me?" I ask, practically begging by now.

"Why do you want to spy on Laney anyways?" He questions. I just shake me head. "Sounds like someone's getting a little envious? Jealous mayb-"

"Shut it, Luke. If anyone is jealous, it's her," I snap unintentionally. I look back to Luke's eyes and he hasn't changed emotion at all.

"Sorry," I add, dropping my gaze along with my head in slight shame. He's only here to help.

"It's fine. Sorry to pry. Just wanting to know the reasons for my actions." He calmly states.

"I know. I know. I'm sorry." I apologize again for being an ass.

"It's alright." He smiles. "When do you want the first update?"

"As soon as possible." I say with a grin. "Tell me what all she does today."

"Okay." Luke agrees with a nod and a small smile still living on his lips.

"Thank you so much, Luke."

"You're welcome, Beth. I'll see you tonight. Behind the food hall at around eight P.M." He tells me. I agree with a simple nod.

He gets up to quietly sneak out of my tent. Before he unzips it, he turns back around to face me. "Is there anything specific that you want me to look out for?" He asks me.

I think for a moment before I respond. But only for a moment.

"Be able to describe the men she talks to, please." I request. He silently agrees with his smile and head movement again and soundlessly creeps out of my tent.

After his departure, I zip my tent back up and lay there for quite a while. I lay there thinking about my actions and Daryl's actions. I lay there and ask myself questions that I obviously cannot answer for my own self. Only Daryl or Laney can put my mind to rest. But I clearly can't ask them my desperate questions. Like:

How long until Daryl leaves me for Laney?

Will Daryl tell me about the kiss or keep it hidden?

Is Laney doing all this on purpose?

What are her intentions with Daryl?

Will Daryl and/or Laney deny the kiss?

I'll never know.

My mind and myself are rarely ever in sync with each other. So I am not shocked when my relentless mind won't quit beating itself up, but I am shocked when I see it is like a pulp, shriveled up just like I am in this tent. Both confused, longing and lonely. Both realizing that this curiosity and assuming is driving me crazy. And both wondering when (or if) I will ever feel sane again...

~•~•~•~•~•~

OMG I LOVED YOUR COMMENTS SO MUCH GUYS

I wasn't going to update until about a week after the last chapter but since you guys were commenting and asking for me to update, here we are NOW

Thank you guys so much for adding it to your library and VOTING AND STUFF and I hope you liked this chapter! Tell me what you thought about it?

Ily guys a lot

Kbye