...

"No, way. Really?" I ask incredulously, laughing at his confession. I look at Daryl, not believing what I'm hearing.

"It's true." He says, embarrassed but chuckling at himself.

"Justin Timberlake? I couldn't even picture you listenin' to him." I laugh again.

"Just the one song though." Daryl adds.

"But still!" I giggle out. After a moment of my laughter, Daryl squints his eyes at me.

"Oh, ya think that's funny?" He asks me with a slight smirk. Even though it's mostly dark in the house, I can see the mischief written all over his face.

"A little." I answer hesitantly. Suddenly, his fingers jab out and start poking my sides.

We have been in this house for about a week now, living here and keeping it safe. We are finally staying somewhere for more than one night and it's so refreshing. It's definitely helped me and Darryl's relationship. I mean, Maybe this could be it.

"Stop tickling me you bastard!" I say through my laughs. He continues to tickle me until I'm squirming and trying to hit his chest.

"Please! Daryl! Quit!" I beg through the giggles.

"The magic words!" He demands with a smile.

"I already said please!" I tell him. His fingers travel to tickle my neck and I immediately twist my position.

"Not that. The other magic words! 'Daryl is awesome and rocks walkers faces off.' Those ones." He says with a smirk, still tickling my neck.

"Never!" I tell him, determined to not tell him what I already know is true, but what I don't want him to know.

His Devils work gets more intense when one hand is tickling my side and the other is tickling my neck. With laughter that threatens to give me a headache, I surrender.

"Fine! Fine! Daryl is awesome and rocks walkers faces off!" I say, making sure he hears me. I don't want to have to repeat myself. Especially not this.

"Alright. Thank you." He says, stopping the torture. His hands go still and lay where they were. One hand on my hip and the other under my ear.

We make eye contact and I suddenly feel different. Like this moment in time with the two of us means something. Daryl looks at my lips and then remakes eye contact with me.

"Was that so hard?" He whispers. His hand on my neck pulls a piece of hair behind my ear.

Our bodies lay about six inches away from each other. My eyes scan his face for any sign of emotion. All I see is his face showing a feeling of.. appreciation?? No. Adoration.

I feel the pad of his thumb trace around my cheek, slowly creeping it's way closer and closer to my mouth. And it's like a spark. It's an internal spark in my chest that gives me hope. Maybe it's hope that he wants something?? Is this really happening??? God, I hope this is happening. If I wake up, I'll be angry as shit.

I glance at his lips to see how close and kissable they were. I hear movement and see that there's only about four inches between us.

I feel like I want this to happen. I would like for this to happen. So I'm gonna make sure it does. Without breaking the intense eye contact with his features, I creep closer to him so we have almost two inches in between.

Two inches in between us two. Maybe those two inches will disappear, maybe they'll grow. I'm not sure. All I know is that I want the first option. I want it bad.

Hopefully me scooting closer will tell him that I want this. That I actually want to be closer to him after all the pushing away we've done. I hope he knows that this isn't a mistake that he should stop.

Almost as if he read my mind, he started to lean in. I decided to meet him half way. Leaning in as well, I see my vision of Daryl zoom in until I shut my eyes. Then came his lips.

Our lips mold together the instant they connect. I move my body closer so our bodies can eliminate the two inches but he meets me half way. Our bodies and lips now touching, I feel like my skin is on fire from the contact.

My head turns for more access and his hand holds my cheek in place. Our lips are constantly working against each other, sending all of our feelings through this way. The kiss is passionate yet rough. But that's Daryl for you.

I feel his tongue glide across my bottom lip and I immediately accept. He's quick to explore my mouth and I'm quick to explore his. With the heat of the kiss, my leg involuntarily hikes up onto his leg.

Daryl's hand that was on my hip is now exploring my waist and back side. His hand then presses me to him by the small of my back.

With my lungs on fire, I come up for air. I make sure that my lips don't go far from his as I catch my breath. I feel and hear that he's also panting heavily beside me. I lean in for another and to my surprise, he accepts. Our lips are only together for another moment. The fire still inevitably there at the slightest touch.

We pull back and make eye contact. He looks the same. Ruffled hair, redder cheeks, and plump lips, yeah. But he looks just the same. And other than the new confusion about emotions, all's the same! Except for this new opinion in my head that just yells at me endlessly:

"This spark has gotten way outta hand."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

THEY MADE OUT OH MY GODDDD
Are you excited?
Thank you to everyone who likes this story and reads it. Thank you for voting and commenting! I love you guys soooooo much.

Kbye❤️