Him Visiting

"Beth? Beth!" I hear Daryl gasp.

I wonder if I could just pretend to be dead and have my troubles leave me. I'll just keep my eyes closed and hope they're not smart enough to check my pulse.

Ruling out this option because Daryl is way smarter than that, I feel my eyes slowly open, not wanting to be here in the slightest.

"Oh my god. Shit.. How are you feeling?" He asks, genuine concern on his features.

"Well, I'm breathing. I'm alive," I mutter.

"Indeed you are," he agrees with a small and appreciative smile.

"But how?" I ask.

"I rushed you here, of course," he states. His eyes instead of constantly avoiding mine, hold my gaze.

"Oh," I look away.

"I hope you feel better," he says, still sitting. I silently scream because I did feel better. When I was in my abyss. But he just had to rip that away from me. The one sanctuary I have had since all of this has started, and I was cheated out of it.

"Why did you bring me here?" I ask.

"You would've died," he answers like it's obvious. I give him this look that says "and?". His eyebrows scrunch together and he looks hard at me.

"You would have died," he says in a harsher tone,"Under my care, by the way." He kind of snaps off at me, but in a genuinely concerned way. Like, he truly cares.

But I just don't really care.

I feel like he's not letting me make my own choices because he changed my fate for me. I can choose my fate by myself. I made a choice, but he just had to ruin it. I'm not an immature kid that needs baby sitting and I'm not backing down from this.

"I promised that I would protect y-" I cut him off.

"Is that stupid promise going to be your back up plan for every time you treat me like a child?" I ask a little harsher than I intended.

"Saving your life is now treating you like a child?" He asks, incredulously and angrily at the same time.

"I didn't want to be saved!" I practically yell at him. He squints his eyes. They then soften and gaze upon the floor.

"I needed to save you," he tells me, avoiding eye contact.

"I know. The damn promise," I mutter. I'm so tempted to leave, but I don't have the energy in me at the moment, so I just stay laying down.

"No, Beth. Not everything is about protecting you and our old agreements," he slightly shakes his head in a slow manner. He then states, "I need you."

I sit there in silence for a moment. I don't even know how to respond.

The old me would have leaped on him and made out with him right here. On the other hand, the now me doesn't want to do anything but give up. But this man is confessing his feelings to me more easily than I ever could have imagined.

And I can't even respond. My head can't wrap around this. It's impossible.

"But you're Daryl Dixon. You don't need anyone."

He stands and comes over to me. His hand covers my cheek and we hold the most intense eye contact we have ever shared. His eyes show his genuine his statements are.

"I'm just Daryl Dixon. And I need you, Beth," he confesses.

I feel my broken, dark heart creek from inside my chest. This man might just be able to put back together the jumbled pieces that this world has made my heart.

Or just maybe, he will be the final blow to my miserable life. History shows this side will win. But internally, I'm secretly hoping I don't let Daryl break me completely. That he mends me not into the girl I was before. But into his girl. Into the woman he needs and desires. Into some kind of Beth 2.0.

"How can I even believe this?" I ask.

"I haven't left you. No matter how bad it got. I've fed you. Kept you in eye sight. Tell you my secrets. My past. My inner thoughts. I feel so complete around you. Like you're my missing puzzle piece. Like you're mine."

My head spins.

My heart contracts.

My lungs hurt.

My stomach erupts into a stampede of nervousness.

"I need sleep," I lamely state, killing the mood.

"Okay, Beth. I'll see you later," he leans in and plants a kiss on my lips. I'm too in shock to kiss back and by the time I realize what is happening, he pulls away. I see him smile at me at the door before he opens it and closes it behind him, leaving my mind in pieces and my aching heart slowly trying to form back together.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I hope you guys love this chapter as much as I do!!!

BETHYL MOMENTS ARE THE BEST MOMENTS

srry I haven't updated in a while. I had prom last night and it's been a crazy week haha

Ily guys thank you for everything so far my lovelies!!! (we bout to hit 10k reads btw)

Kbye❤️