2

For the past few days now, Emmie had been pondering over the same note that had been stuck to the front of her journal. Thea had done her best to convince her to look into it further, but she still wasn't certain.

Whilst she had left the room for the second time in 24 hours, she glanced around at the same people that would hang around the area. It could've been anyone. Emmie hadn't exactly sociated with many people since Caleb left, but that didn't mean that there weren't other people looking out for her.

She decided to give up on her hunt for this mysterious note writer. Besides, it wasn't as if she needed to find them.

She had stuck the note inside the book, flipping to a page that helped with her motivation. It sounded stupid, but sometimes, writing her own inspirational quotes would help her feel as if she wasn't always alone. As much as she felt like it.

There had been many more notes and doodles since Caleb's death. At one point, Emmie had even tried drawing a sunrise in the bottom corner of the page, knowing they had always been his favourites, although she had never been very artistic.

She could specifically remember one time. Caleb had woken her up early on a Sunday morning, insisting they watch the sunrise. He dragged her out of bed, up the stairs and they sat on the rooftops of their apartments in their pyjamas, watching the daylight appear through the cracks in the horizon.

Emmie avoided the music room for the next couple of days. Even if it was her favourite place, she didn't want to risk bumping into to the same person that had noticed her before. Although it would be interesting to find out who they were, she had decided she wasn't keen on the idea of being questioned about her emotions. This past month had already been a lot to take in and she wasn't ready to relive it.

Instead, she spent hours curled up in her bed, the blanket wrapped around her as she sat in deep thought. Was this how she was supposed to live from now on? Scared of her surroundings because she wasn't sure what to do with herself?

In the back of her mind she knew she should be finding more productive ways to spend her time. But she couldn't help it.

When Friday morning rolled around, She finally decided against herself to leave the comfort of her bed. She had barely left the room for nearly four days now and even she could tell it was getting unhealthy.

She wandered into the bathroom, forcing herself to take a long awaited shower. Those every day needs were becoming more of an effort to tackle. Emmie would've much rather tossed her greasy hair into a messy bun and crawl back into bed, but she knew this had been going on for far to long to continue.

God, even heading down the music room seemed like too much to handle. But how she loved that place. She couldn't give that up too.

She finally obliged to washing her hair, letting the warm water hit her back for a while. She rinsed the conditioner from her blonde strands, not really caring whether or not it became tangled. That was the least of her worries. She quickly washes her body, using the nearest kind of shower supplies she could find. Emmie steps out of the shower, into the extremely steamed room wrapping herself in a small towel. She let her hair grow heavy at the ends, water droplets falling down her back.

She enters the bedroom once again, staring at the mess surrounding her. She had been so caught up in her own head for the past few days that she hadn't even noticed the state she had been living in. But yet again, she couldn't find the motivation to do anything about it.

Tossing a pile of laundry to the side, Emmie opens her closet, attempting to find a decent outift. It took her a moment but she eventually decided on basic pair of sweatpants. She pulls an oversized shirt over her head, glancing at herself in the mirror.