47

The music room was dark and quiet when Joe arrived, which made him wonder if his brothers were having second thoughts about meeting him there. He wandered around the room, his fingers tracing the top of the piano, stopping to stare at all the happy memories plastered on the wall in photo form.

Glancing at their smiling faces, he finally understood why Nick wanted the band back together after so long. He just couldn't believe it had taken him this long to see it. All this time, he had been craving the close bond with his brothers, but couldn't figure out how to fix it.

It was in that moment, where Nick and Kevin wandered into the room, their faces lighting up at the sight of Joe stood there before them. Kevin stepped forward, pulling him into a small hug, patting him on the back, with a grin on his face. He knew exactly what was about to happen, and he couldn't wait to see the excitement on Nick's face once Joe had finally explained himself.

"Everything okay?" Nick asked, confusion laced in his voice as he glanced between the two.

Joe nodded, crossing his arms over his chest as he braced himself for what he was planning. Would Nick be pleased with his sudden decision. Would he still want his dream as much as Joe did? Or would he throw it back in face and tell him it was too late? Joe had no idea what to expect, but there was no going back now.

"We should sit." Joe suggested, although his  words came out within a mumble. Nick raised his brows, but nodded anyway. The three brothers sank down onto the chairs that circled a small coffee table to the side of the room.

Joe shifted uncomfortably in his seat, before clearing his throat. He locked eyes with Nick for a short second, quickly looking away to avoid any awkwardness.

"I uh-" He began, "I've been thinking about what you said.." Joe nodded at Nick, catching his attention once more. "I think- I want to bring the band back."

"-Wait." Nick interrupted him, "Are you being serious right now?"

Joe nodded again, a little hesitant this time. This was not the reaction he'd hoped for. And what was worse, he couldn't tell how Nick felt about it.

"And you're sure?" Nick continued, keeping his eyes on his brother, narrowing his glance.

"I'm sure." Joe confirmed, "I wanted to be certain. That's why it took so long for me to figure it out."

Slowly but surely, the corner of Nicks lips curled into a small smile. His expression softened as the words sank in. He nodded to himself as his smile got wider.

"We'll have to talk to management." He spoke, "See how they want to go about this. We're going to need another label."

Kevin and Joe nodded in agreement, each of them now smiling just as wide.

"So now what?" Kevin shrugged, "We're going to need music. A new sound for our comeback."

"I'm sure that can be arranged." Nick pressed his lips together. "I've been working on a few things recently."

"So has Joe." Kevin gestured to his younger brother.

Joe's eyes went wide at the sudden attention. He was proud of the newer songs he had written, but they were also extremely personal to him. He wasn't sure if it was right type of music to be singing alongside his brothers.

"Oh- I don't know guys." He tried, "I don't think it's exactly what you're looking for."

"How would we know if you don't show us?" Kevin urged him, sending him an encouraging smile.

Joe let out a small sigh, leaning back into his chair, before standing up, reaching for his song book that lie on top of the piano. He flicked through the many pages, trying to find something that would be most suitable. Unfortunately for him, all of his recent ideas, had been written specifically for the blonde girl that had captured his heart.