42

a/n: i highly suggest listening to 'i believe' whilst reading this chapter. i listened to it on repeat whilst writing and it really helps to picture the scenes better. prepare yourselves, this is a long one <3

Joe woke up early that next morning, slipping out of the sheets, leaving Emmie to sleep comfortably beside where he used to lay. The sun had barely risen, it's golden glow still yet to shine through the window, brightening the room. He took one more look at the girl who lie curled up in the sheets, a peaceful smile on her lips. Her hair was sprawled out behind her, the blonde strands forming faint waves.

He couldn't wrap his head around how perfect she was, even in her sleep.

He snapped away from his thoughts with a slight smile. He quickly collected everything he needed, stepping out of the room, silently closing the door behind him. Joe knew Emmie would be confused when she woke up and he wasn't by her side, but it would all be worth it in the end.

He stepped into the lounge minutes later, after freshening up in the bathroom down the hall. He ran a hand through his hair, catching eyes with Kevin, who gave him a soft smile from the kitchen.

"You're up early." He nodded towards Joe, as he wandered into to the lounge.

Joe shrugged in response, a light smile on his face. Feeling the smoothness of the hardback cover of the book he held onto so tightly.

"Just something on my mind, that's all." He mumbled, but couldn't wipe the smile from his lips. Kevin raised his eyebrows, suddenly curious.

"You wanna talk about it?"

"Let's save the talking for later." Joe grinned, "I need your help with something."

He placed the book onto the table before them, flicking through the pages until he came to the one he was looking for. There were a few lines scribbled down across the paper, but not much. Joe frowned to himself as he looked at his work, not at all impressed. He had been working on this specific song for a while now, yet he still couldn't find the right words to express how he felt.

Kevin's eyes scanned the page, reading the words over and over, with a smile.

"I don't even need to ask who this is about." He grinned at his brother, who pressed his lips together.

"It's nowhere near finished." Joe shook his head, gesturing to the song sat before them.

It was clearly bothering him. No matter how hard he tried to find the words, they would never come out in the way he wanted them to. And he wanted this song to perfect. As perfect as the girl it was written for.

"Let's get Nick." Kevin suggested. "I'm sure he'll be happy to help."

Joe gave him a grateful smile, watching as he rose to his feet, wandering out of the room to find his brother. Joe let out a sigh, hoping that everything would go to plan. Just the way he wanted it to.

•.•.•.•.•

When Emmie finally awoke later that morning- of course Joe was nowhere to be seen. The space beside her was empty, the sheets cold from where he had been gone for so long. She frowned a little, but decided not to think too much of it. He had probably just woken up earlier than her and didn't want to disturb her.

She searched almost the entirety of the villa with no luck of finding him. Thinking about it-she didn't seem to bump into his brothers either. She guessed they were probably having some family time together. Although it wasn't like them to leave without saying anything first.