58

The second week of February brought the Jonas family to England

The second week of February brought the Jonas family to England. It had been just over a month of planning their music video, and it was finally set in place and ready to be filmed.

The more it was spoken about, the more visibly excited Joe became. Emmie watched the way his eyes sparkled a little bit more as they drove through the busy streets of London. Their hands were clasped together, resting between the two of them, as they soaked up their surroundings.

Emmie's attention was a little more diverted to the actual city itself, considering she had never traveled so far before. She wanted to take in every little thing. Joe noticed the way her eyes never left the window of the car, and smiled to himself at how observant she was.

When the car rolled to a stop outside of a secluded hotel- hidden from the bustle of the city, Joe broke her away from her daydream, squeezing her hand as he smiled at her.

"You ready?" His voice was soft as he motioned for them to get out. Emmie gave him a nod in response as he helped her out of the car. Her eyes quickly grew wide at the sudden winter air hitting her skin.

She was almost certain it was colder in England than back in New York. Winter had been cold, but here still felt frozen. She shivered a little, wrapped up in a long coat, Joe's beanie covering her ears as it kept her head warm.

The sky was dark, although it was unknown what the exact time was. Emmie was prepared to fall asleep as soon as she could, already feeling the jet lag taking over.

She knew she would never get used to how often Joe tended to travel, but she was grateful she was able to experience it too. Being able to see so many places at once, was something that excited her.

Their hands stayed close, as Joe took the lead, wandering towards the entrance door, away from the cold. The two of them had chosen to travel separately from the others, wishing for some quiet time between them after the long journey overseas had worn them out.

Within minutes they made it to their room that would accommodate them for the next few days. Emmie sighed with a smile as the warmth radiated from the room, making her hands tingle at the change in temperature.

She slowly shrugged her coat off, but decided to keeps Joe's beanie on, not wanting him to steal it back just yet. The bed dipped as she sank down on the edge, lying back so she was now looking up at the ceiling. She heard Joe's chuckle as he neared her, but she felt too relaxed to look up at him.

"Don't fall asleep just yet." He teased. Emmie heard his footsteps stop right in front of her, and before she knew it, he was hovering above her, both arms either side of her body.

"I'm not tired.." She mumbled, although the two of them together could see through her miserable lie.

Joe scoffed under his breath, but the smirk on his lips was undeniable. Their eyes met and she shrugged aimlessly.