9

Friday night rolled around slower than Emmie would've liked. Work went slow. Each day felt the same. She felt weird to be back. Getting back into the routine was a struggle at first but she was slowly getting used to it again.

Tuesday morning, she had told Thea how she had planned to go out with Joe and his friends after all. And of course Thea was invited too. She had squealed in delight, instantly planning their outfits, saying how they needed to make a statement.

Joe had also been happy to hear they would be coming along. It had nearly been a week since Emmie had last seen him. And it was safe to say, she was somewhat excited to see his face again.

So there they were, sat on Emmie's bedroom floor, in front of the large mirror, getting themselves ready for the night. Thea stood above her, curling the ends of her hair with the straightener. She had already thrown on some makeup. Emmie never understood how Thea managed to do her eyeliner so well. She had never tried because it always looked so difficult. Instead she had gone for a more natural look, not wanting to look like she had gone over the top with her appearance.

Thea had found an outfit for Emmie. A small sequin mesh top with light wash jeans. It was seriously outside of her comfort zone, considering they were Thea's clothes, not hers. Emmie hesitated when she saw them, but Thea insisted.

Her own outfit was perfect. She wore a white low rise skirt paired with her favourite glittery pink spaghetti strap top. She hooked multiple silver necklaces around her neck, and added some large hoop earrings for decoration. It was no surprise that she could pull of anything. Emmie tried to convince her that maybe they were slightly overdressed, but she reassured her otherwise.

"Do you think this looks okay?" Emmie asked for the fifth time in the past twenty minutes. She pat down her cheeks, feeling like she had applied too much blush.

"Babe." Thea stops her, "You look perfect. Stop stressing." A light laugh falls from her lips.

Emmie had no idea why she was so worked up about the way she looked. Part of her thought it was because she hadn't done anything like this in a while. All her social anxiety was building up into genuine stress. She needed everything to feel right for her otherwise she knew she would be uncomfortable.

Thea helped her finish up, adding a bit of highlight and some lipgloss. Her hair was slightly curled from sleeping with it in a bun. Emmie brushed it out a little, deciding to leave it natural.

She stands up, taking a proper look at herself in the mirror. She could feel Thea's eyes on her, as she stood behind her, watching as she fixed her makeup.

"You look gorgeous." Thea placed her hands on Emmie's shoulders, smiling at their reflections. "If Joe doesn't want you, then I will."

Emmie's eyes widen at her words, catching Thea grinning back at her. She was about to explain that her and Joe weren't like that but Thea spoke first.

"Relax." She laughs. "I'm only joking."

Emmie nods my head, deciding not to change anything else about her appearance. They both grab their shoes, Emmie's being a low cut pair of block heels and Thea wearing lace up stilettos. Emmie still wasn't sure that they hadn't dressed up too much. Joe had never given them a proper dress code or any details on what kind of gathering it would be. All they knew, was that they were meeting at a club in the city.

Thea took once more glance in the mirror, before following Emmie out into the lounge. She grabbed her purse, swiping her keys from the kitchen side as they leave the building.

•.•.•.•.•

The girls arrive at the address Joe had given them within 10 minutes. They pass security, the man nodding at them as he opens the rather large door to let then in. They follow the dark hallway, pushing open the door at the other end, revealing a brightly coloured room, music blasting from multiple speakers. The space was crowded, the room filled with hundreds of people dancing to the beat of the music. Emmie felt herself grow nervous at the sight, rubbing the palms of her hands on her jeans.