8

"Long time no see." Emmie's favourite voice sang.

Thea jumped up from her seat and ran towards her, pulling Emmie into a tight hug. She wrapped my arms around her in return, still confused to how and why she was here.

"I wanted to surprise you. You gave me a key, remember?" Thea reminds her as she pulls away, staring at her puzzled face.

Of course Emmie remembered. She had given her the spare key whilst she had spent a few weeks here. It was easier than having to share one. Once she'd decided to go back home, Emmie told her to keep it. That way she was welcome whenever she felt like it - like now for example.

"I figured you were on a late shift." Thea continued, "So I made us snacks. I thought we could have a girly night." She smiles a warm smile.

Emmie nods, dropping her bags at the door and removing her shoes. She watches as Thea skips happily through the room, grabbing a bowl full of popcorn and setting down on the coffee table next to the couch.

Emmie quickly rushes to her bedroom, changing out of her work clothes and into something more comfortable. She returns to find Thea sat in the far corner of the couch. Caleb's favourite spot. Emmie knew she missed him. They both did. But she chose not speak of it much. Emmie guessed it hurt to much to bring up the past.

Thea wrapped herself up in the large knitted blanket that had always been thrown over the back of the couch.

As soon as Emmie sat herself beside her, Thea turns to her, a wide smirk on her face. Emmie knew instantly what she wanted to talk about.

"How's Joe?" She asks, an innocent smile on her face, although she could see the amusement hiding behind.

Emmie shakes her head, laughing.

"He's good." She says simply. "Now what did you really want to talk about?"

"I just wanted to know what he's like." Thea confesses. "You've barely told me anything, and I'm interested."

Emmie watches her grin at her, waiting for a response.

"There's not much to tell." She began, "We've been hanging out a little more, that's it."

Thea sits there in shock.

"That's it?" She repeats.

Emmie nod.

"But where's all the gossip. I want details." She grins again. "Tell me everything."

Emmie sighs with a smile, knowing there was no way she could change the subject.

"He's sweet." She began "We spent the yesterday afternoon in the music room. I helped him write some music, and then we got caught in the rain so we went back to his place and watched a movie."

She watches Thea's face light up as she explains.

"You made him watch Tangled, didn't you?" She giggles. Emmie presses her lips together, about to deny it, but Thea speaks again.

"You love that movie."

"It was for old times sake." Emmie tell her, remembering the multiple times her and Caleb used to sit together and watch it.

"You do seem happier." Thea admits.

Emmie could feel herself smiling a little. Thea was right. Although there was still the ongoing pain of where Caleb had left them. Emmie still had her happy moments. They were small, but they were there.

"He's very understanding." Emmie says, referring back to Joe. "He doesn't rush me to explain myself or feel a certain way about anything. It's a nice feeling. I can be myself with him."