57

The three brothers couldn't be happier with how well their new album was coming along

The three brothers couldn't be happier with how well their new album was coming along. Of course there was plenty of work to be done before it would feel complete, but so far they were proud. Since the start of the new year, they had vowed to work harder and more promptly to make the best of out of their music.

The boys had teamed together to write one of their chosen singles, Sucker. It came naturally to them, when thinking about how happy they were with the girls in their lives. And they knew with all the effort they had put into it, it was easily one of their favourites.

They had vaguely spoken about a date for the music to release, but until they had sorted their first single, they wouldn't be able to progress it further.

And whilst brainstorming ideas for their new album, there was no doubt, that being a single- Sucker would have its own music video alongside it. There had been a lot of thought that had gone into this and they had finally agreed on one specific idea.

But they had yet to tell the girls.

It would be the song that brought the band back. The song that announced to their fans that the Jonas Brothers were finally reuniting. It was a proud moment for them, they just hoped everything would go to plan.

Nick was the most intrigued, considering it had been his idea to bring the band back. And he really seemed hopeful for their comeback. He really believed that they were doing the best thing for them. And even with his serious, uptight demeanour, you could see he was that little bit more excited.

Joe on the other hand, still had his doubts. He still questioned what it would mean for them to become the band they used to be, once more. In the back of his mind he worried over the little things and the what ifs? But there was still a part of him that knew this is what he wanted. He had been wishing for it, for many years now- and it had finally been handed back to him.

He just had to make sure the three of them got it right this time around.

•.•.•.•.•

Joe hadn't seen Emmie for at least a week. She had gone back to work over the new year, and Joe had been so busy focusing on his music- that neither of them had any proper time to spend together.

He finally managed to escape from the studio later that week, promising to spend some time with her after the two of them longing for each other's company.

The two of them lie sprawled out across his couch, the lights dimmed a little as the night was getting later. Joe sat concentrated on the multiple papers around him, focused on a few specific songs that needed some work. And he figured he could use his input.

Emmie rested beside him, flicking through the tv lazily, glancing over at Joe every now and then, to send him a soft smile.

He felt guilty not having all his attention on her, but she understood that it was important to him. Even just spending time with him was enough.