49

It had been at least a week apart until there was finally time for Emmie and Joe to see each other again. Joe couldn't wipe the smile from his face as he sat in the studio that afternoon, knowing that within a few hours, he would finally be able to hold her in his arms.

"Joe!" Kevin broke him away from his thoughts, quickly nudging him in the shoulder.

"Huh- What?" Joe shook his head, glancing at the puzzled look on his brothers' faces. Nick couldn't help but chuckle to himself whilst Kevin pressed his lips together into a tight smile.

"You missed your cue." Kevin told him, watching as Nick continued to smile.

"He's too busy daydreaming." Nick explained.

"No I wasn't." Joe denied, holding his hands up to surrender.

"Y'know.." Nick began. "I kinda like 'loved-up' Joe. We get some good songs, and he's happier all round."

"Well we can't get any good songs, if he keeps forgetting when to sing." Kevin smirked, tapping him on the shoulder with his pile of papers.

"I'm sorry." Joe mumbled an apology, "I know I've been distracted, I just can't help it." He quickly shook his head, giving the other two a promising smile.

"It's okay." Kevin sighed, "Let's just take a break.. I'm sure the others will be here soon."

And by the others, Kevin meant Ryan and Greg- two extremely passionate songwriters that Nick had been able to make connections with. He was very proud of this achievement, hoping that the five of them would be able to come together and make some memorable songs for their upcoming album.

They had scheduled a meeting that morning, bringing the brothers to the studio early to get in some song practice. Nick flicked through the multiple papers lying before them, somewhat happy with what they had created so far. But he knew they could do better.

Joe wandered away from the others, taking a quick moment to himself. He knew he needed to focus. After all, the band was a big deal. But he couldn't help his mind wander back to the thoughts of seeing Emmie later.

He decided to save all his excitement for later, knowing that she would understand more than his brothers did. And in that moment, there was small knock on the door, and in walked the two guys they had been waiting for.

Joe snapped his head up with a smile, as all three brothers went to greet them.

"Hey man," Ryan smiled, pulling Joe into a hug, "How's it going?"

"All good." Joe chucked, reaching over to welcome Greg as he smiled.

Within minutes, the five of them stood in a group, facing each other as they discussed their ideas.

"So what were we thinking?" Greg speaks up, his eyes wandering around the circle. It was silent for a moment before Nick shrugs.

"We've got a few ideas drafted," He explained, "But nothing huge. There isn't a specific topic we've stuck with."

"No that's okay." Greg smiles, "It's all about trialling a bit of everything. That way we can found the sound you guys are looking for."