10

Joe Jonas had always been a family oriented person. He loved that he'd had such a close bond with his brothers from the very start. It had always been just the three of them. Kevin, Joe and Nick. Just the way he liked it. He could remember they would spend hours down in the basement, creating imaginary games and singing their hearts out.

He had always loved being the middle child. He loved the support of having Kevin as an older brother, always looking out for him. But he also loved the close relationship he had with Nick. The two were inseparable. Anything they did, had to be done together.

They would tell each other everything. From first crushes, to all of their achievements, they knew each others deepest secrets.

Joe had cherished their friendship so much. When they eventually had their first songwriting experience, he was ecstatic. He had always loved to sing, and now he was achieving his dreams, with his brothers by his side. Joe thought the three of them would always have that close relationship. No matter what. But as they began to grow up, and started to find themselves as individuals, thats where everything fell apart.

When Nick had been given the opportunity to be on Broadway, everything had changed. That was the beginning the endless lifetime opportunities. It all began to take off once they started to write their own music. It was clear that the spotlight had been given to Nick. And at first, Joe didn't mind. He was proud of his little brother, and glad he was able to share the experience with him. But he couldn't deny the feeling of envy in the pit of his stomach. No matter how hard he tried to deny it.

The band grew quicker than they could comprehend. From singing at church, to small theatres and clubs, then eventually, selling out their own mall concerts. For them, it was a dream come true. And when Camp Rock came around, the band had been noticed more than ever - and it was only getting better. Joe was loving their newly found fame, and his brothers were too. Or so he thought.

Right from the get-go, the Jonas Brothers had been an exhilarating success. There was never a dull moment within the band. They had gained so much love and respect from their fans and they showed no sign of slowing down. Even after releasing their first few albums, and selling out tours, Joe felt as if he was on top of the world. He loved nothing more than to take the stage with his brothers.

And then came the moment that stopped it all.

Nick made the decision he no longer wanted to continue this journey with his brothers. He had grown up and decided he wanted to discover himself as a solo artist. He didn't say anything at first, and you could tell something was bothering him. Joe noticed he was more distant with the band. Nick had been spending time away from the other two, not contributing to many ideas anymore.

When Nick finally broke the news, Joe and Kevin fell silent. They knew something was wrong but they didn't realise it would affect them this much.

Joe didn't say anything. He couldn't find the words. He felt betrayed, used, unwanted. He couldn't understand why Nick didn't want this anymore. How could he do this to them?

They were brothers, and now they were anything but.

Joe refused to speak to Nick, as he kept his feelings hidden away. He knew it was harsh but he couldn't help how he felt. The news came out of nowhere and Joe didn't know where they would go from here. He had never felt so betrayed, and what hurt worse - it came from his own brother. His partner in crime. Days turned into months without speaking, and eventually, that familiar bond between the brothers was no more. The band that was once his everything, gone.

Even after Nick's successful start as a solo artist, the three brothers showed no hope in mending their broken bond. Joe was distraught. His whole life had revolved around his two best friends. The two guys that had always been there for him. He had no idea how to move forward without them. After some time, Joe knew it was only right to try and make something on his own. it

Fastlife. His first solo album. Joe had great hope for his solo career. He knew he had to think positive after the wreck of the band. It was his only hope. However, it didn't go to plan. Joe knew he had put his all into the album. He was so proud, yet no one seemed to appreciate it as much as he thought. Joe was in disbelief, feeling like it couldn't get any worse.

From a distance, he could see his brothers making a name for themselves. Kevin was happily married, hoping to start his own little family. And Nick was out there, topping charts and selling out shows. They both had something going for them. Joe felt stranded.

An idea sparked in his head when meeting up with two of his previous band members. Joe had been living with his close friend, Jack Lawless. There had been multiple conversations over starting their own band, but the idea didn't take off straight away. When the idea finally came to mind again, DNCE was formed.

Joe had never been prouder. When their debut single "Cake By The Ocean" came out, he had forgotten the adrenaline rush that his music gave him. He had felt alone for so long, unsure what to do with himself, and now he was finally finding himself again. He had found something he could progress with.

After a few years with the band, Joe had finally found his happiness again. But there was always the lingering thought in the back of his mind. He missed his brothers. He didn't want to admit to them, but he still felt lost without them. He had visited Kevin a few times over the years, slowly healing their relationship but it was nowhere near as good as it had been. Joe missed it. Him and Nick never been more distant. Joe knew he would do anything to get that bond back, but he didn't know where to start.

He also knew that he never wanted to feel that type of betrayal again.

What Nick had done, hurt him beyond words. Joe was still healing. As much as he wanted his family back, he knew he couldn't go through that type of pain again.

But it was spiralling his thoughts. Joe was struggling to stay focused during songwriting with his band. His mind was elsewhere. Sure, he had his second shot at fame skyrocketing before his eyes, but it wasn't the same without the support of his family. Joe wanted to he able to share his success, making happy memories with his brothers along the way, but at this moment in time, it was highly unlikely. These thoughts played on his mind constantly, but Joe wouldn't act upon it.

He would keep quiet until the time was right.