67

The Jonas Brothers were officially back and better than ever

The Jonas Brothers were officially back and better than ever. With their album being out a mere number of days, their schedules had now been packed with back to back interviews- with the fans desperate to get just a glimpse of the boys being together again.

Emmie had been watching their success skyrocket once more, feeling nothing less than proud of how much they had accomplished in such little time.

She had spent the past few days keeping herself hidden away from the media as much as possible. It was never going to be easy, with the constant attention now focused on the boys- of course they would begin to speculate about the possibility of Joe's relationship status.

Joe had been extremely busy recently, with the main story unfolding on how the brothers decided to make music once more. He was constantly out and about, keeping up the reputation of being a second time popstar, but that didn't stop him from focusing on his main priorities.

He knew his and Emmie's secret would be out soon, and he wanted to make sure she was definitely sure with what she was agreeing to. Suddenly being thrown into the spotlight after the events of last year was something that could knock her, and he didn't want to put her through anything she wasn't ready for.

Emmie sat in his apartment during one of Joe's later nights, patiently awaiting for his return. This had become their new normal. Joe was in high demand, and she had to respect that he would no longer have as much time to spare. But a small part of her didn't mind. Even just spending some alone time in his home made her feel closer to him, even when he wasn't always around.

But tonight she knew he would be home soon. And she couldn't wait.

She sat curled up on his couch, the warmth of a blanket wrapped around her, staring blankly at the wall from across the room. She had been spent endless days with the girls, supporting the boys as best as they could from their point of view, but she was more than excited to finally spend some quality time with her boyfriend.

So when Joe finally walked through the door a short while later, a smile made its way to Emmie's face once she noticed him. She sat up in her seat, her eyes following his every move as he stepped into the room.

"Hey." Joe grinned, shrugging off his jacket as he closed the door behind him.

As he stepped closer, Emmie wasted no time sliding away from the couch and skipping over to him, wrapping her arms around him.

Joe chuckled, pulling her closer as he rested his head on top of hers, letting his eyes flutter shut as he soaked up the moment of silence.

"You okay?" Emmie quizzed as she pulled back, "You've been gone all day."

"Did you miss me?" He teased, smirking at her as he brushed the hair away from her face. Emmie rolled her eyes in response, earning another giggle from Joe.