45

"Where to first?" Joe asked, as their hands swung between them, the sun beating down on their backs. Colour surrounded them as they wandered down the streets filled with people, everyone just as happy as they were. Which made them smile. Emmie glanced around and the different options, her eyes lighting up at each building they passed.

"There's too many choices." She smiled, quickly pulling her camera from her bag, snapping photos of anything she found admirable.

They wandered towards a vibrant fruit stand, music blasting from across the street. Emmie smiled to herself as she watched Joe begin to dance. He pulled her closer with both hands, humming along to the song, making her laugh. The crowd surrounding them began to cheer as Joe spun her around, the two of them happily enjoying themselves in the moment.

Emmie neared the fruit stand once more, her eyes wide at all the different options. But she finally settled on a small bowl with a little bit of everything. She smiled at the bowl in her hands, thanking the woman behind the stall. As she rummaged through her bag, ready to pay, Joe quickly leant forward, paying for it himself, before she had a chance to stop him.

"Joe." She let out a small whine, "You didn't have to."

"I wanted to." He told her, taking her hand once more. Emmie smiled to herself, grateful for him, as she let him lead her further down the street.

Joe wrapped his arm around her waist, smiling to himself as a thought came to mind.

"I've got an idea." He spoke with a grin.

"What is it?" Emmie glanced up at him, eyebrows raised as curiosity filled her mind.

"Just follow me." He winked, pressing his lips together as his eyes sparkled with excitement.

Eventually they came to the lower end of the street, buildings becoming less and less as the smell of saltwater became more noticeable. Soon enough, the waves came into sight, and they were strolling along the stone pathway that ran along the waters edge, level with the waves. The cooler breeze ran through their hair as the waves crashed against the ground, water rippling along the stone tiles.

"It's so beautiful out here." Emmie gushed, smiling at the view around her.

"We should come back here, when we have the time." Joe smiled, "Just me and you."

"I'd be up for that." Emmie nodded, "What are we doing here anyway?"

Joe sent her a slight smirk, his eye catching something up ahead. Emmie followed his eye line, falling upon a row on small boats, gently swaying in the water.

"This." He pointed at the sight, "Is what we're here for."

"A canoe?" She questioned, a slight giggle falling from her lips. It was slightly bigger than an ordinary canoe- probably a row boat instead. Joe nodded in response, smiling at one of the guys that guarded the area. He quickly introduced himself, explained that he wanted to hire the boat for a few hours.

Emmie stood quietly, listening as they began a rather long conversation between them. Joe was told everything he needed to know, and soon enough, they were allowed onto the dock. Emmie thanked the taller man, keeping her hold on Joe's hand as they wandered down the dock. The ground became slippier, so naturally, their hands grasped each others tighter to keep themselves from falling.

They reached the boat, quickly realising how small it actually was. But that didn't stop Joe from his excitement. He watched it rock slowly with the waves, crouching down slightly as he tried to reach out to it with his foot.

"Joe.." Emmie spoke, "Do you even know how to use a boat this small?"

"Nope." He shrugged, smirking at her as he looked back. "But how hard can it be?"