62

The pair awoke early that next morning, excited and eager to explore everything the infamous city had to offer

The pair awoke early that next morning, excited and eager to explore everything the infamous city had to offer. Joe was a little more enthusiastic, knowing that Valentine's Day had always been one of his favourite holidays, whether or not he chose to spend it alone.

He rolled out of bed as the winter sun shone through the cracks of the curtains, leaving Emmie still lazily tangled in the sheets. Joe ruffled a hand through his messy bed hair as he wandered into the bathroom, suddenly wide awake and ready to get out onto the streets as soon as possible.

"Are you up yet?" He called through the bathroom door, a mouthful of toothpaste muffling his words.

Emmie laughed to herself, staring at the ceiling with a noticeable grin on her face. As excited as she was to explore Paris, she couldn't deny how comfortable she felt wrapped up in the bedsheets. But she knew Joe was eager for them to spend time together, so she would have to get up.

Joe returned moments later, looking more refreshed than before. He pouted at Emmie as she slowly began to pull the warmth of the sheets away from her body.

"I'll be quick, I promise." She teased, referring to the fact that Joe would probably be ready way before her.

At least half an hour later, the two of them were somewhat ready. Joe watched as Emmie quickly grabbed a small shoulder bag, sliding it on her arm, over the top of her lightweight knitted cardigan. She knew it probably wasn't a very practical outfit, considering the time of year, but she wouldn't be the one to complain.

The streets weren't too busy when they finally made it out of the apartment. The morning was still early, and the sky was still an extremely light shade of blue, with wispy clouds floating around.

"So.." Emmie began, watching the way their hands held onto each others between their legs. "Where to first?"

"You hungry?" Joe quizzed, and quickly received an eager nod in response. He chuckled before continuing. "I've heard of this cafe just up the street.. maybe we would see what it's all about."

"Oh really?" Emmie raised a brow, "And how did you hear about it?"

"I may have done my research on the way here.." Joe admitted with a grin, "But I think we should go."

"Breakfast does sound good." She agreed with a nod.

Joe kept his grasp on her hand as they made their way further down the street, on a hunt for this cafe that he was so certain about. When they finally found it, Emmie almost gasped again at how pretty the decor was.

The cafe itself self was almost hidden beneath the amount of flowers that showered the walls of the building. There were many tables for two sat outside the windows that gave an insight to how put together it really was. The atmosphere was warm and welcoming. Something that Emmie had noticed about the city, was that everything seemed extremely modern, but had their own way of making it seem unique.