63

Two days after their loved up whirlwind of a Valentine's Day, Emmie and Joe's long weekend away had come to an end

Two days after their loved up whirlwind of a Valentine's Day, Emmie and Joe's long weekend away had come to an end. The pair had chosen to get an evening flight, wanting to spend more day in the city, surrounded by romance.

Emmie was more than happy with how their weekend had played out. Every little moment they had shared together, meant more to her than she would be able to explain. Being able to spend intimate moments with Joe, but also being able to feel comfortable in each other's company, and be themselves, was something she was grateful for.

And they had finally expressed the undeniable feelings they had for each other.

The flight home felt longer than usual, but Emmie chose to blame it on the bittersweet feeling of leaving such a magical place. She knew it would be a long time before they eventually landed, and she couldn't help but let the wavering tiredness linger. She didn't want to fall asleep. She wanted to watch the world go by outside the small window she sat beside. She wanted to stare out at the skies and imagine where their next journey would take them.

Joe sat beside her, a small but comforting silence washed over him as he reminisced each moment they had spent during their time together. He had his arm wrapped around her as the silent hum of the plane gentle chatter of other passengers filled their ears.

The two of them stayed focused on different things, until Emmie shifted in her seat, bringing her eyes to Joe who smiled down at her.

"I'll miss Paris." She mumbled, pouting a little as she gazed back at the window.

"Me too." Joe agreed, "What are your plans once we land? You've still got time off work, right?"

Emmie nodded slowly.

"Well for starters, I think I'm in need of a major nap." She giggled quietly, resting her head on his shoulder. "Why? What did you have planned."

"Nothing exciting." Joe shrugged, "I just thought.. we've got a few more studio sessions left, to perfect the album. I thought maybe you wanted to join us? Keep me motivated? The girls will be there too."

Emmie didn't miss the way his eyes sparkled a little, as he smiled at her hopefully.

"I'd love to." She nodded, "It would be nice to see the girls again."

"You'll be seeing them more than me soon." Joe teased, knowing how much Emmie cherished her time with her friends.

"I've missed them!" She shot back, with a laugh, "I'm in need of my girl time."

•.•.•.•.•

When that day finally arrived, Emmie was more than happy to spend the afternoon in the studio, spending time with all of her friends before the boys had to begin recording. Each of them sat sprawled out across the couches in the room, deep in conversation. Emmie sat closest to Priyanka, with her legs resting on Joes lap, as he traced patterns on the material of her jeans with his fingers.