[ 1 ]

"Park Jeongmin." The boy called. She turned her direction to the voice. "Are we ready?" He asked. "As always." She said. She climbed into the ring and put on her mouthguard and gloves as one of the newbies stepped in as well.

"Fight!" One yelled.

The two circled the ring a little before the boy had came forward, charging at her. She moved to the side and punched him with a right hook, knocking him down easy.

"Aish... Fucking hell!" He yelled holding his jaw.

Jeongmin moved out of her stance and held her hand out for the boy to get up. "Jesus Christ!" He said holding his jaw as he stood up as well. Jeongmin took out her mouthguard.

"Don't be a fucking cry baby, if you can't take a hit like that, what makes you think you're capable of being in my group?" Jeongmin said.

"Listen, my group is only of MMA fighters, no matter retired, kicked out, or still in it. You know who I am, right?" Jeongmin asked. He didn't answer. "I'm Park Jeongmin, I only went as a rookie MMA fighter, but I knocked every opponent cold each match and I won every single fight I was in for it." She explained.

"My group I work with... They've all knocked people out cold in the ring. Some got kicked for being too violent. If you can't match this energy and take a hit, get the fuck out." Jeongmin said, pointing towards the door of their gym.

She looked over at her friend who had brought the boy.

"I told you to bring people who are worthy of working with, people who can take a simple hit." Jeongmin got out of the ring, taking off her gloves. "Well, I though he could." The boy tilted his head a little disappointed.

"Please, just one more chance." The boy who stood in the ring begged. Jeongmin sighed before putting the gloves and mouthguard on and getting into the ring once again.

The two stood opposite waiting for the signal.

"Fight!"

The two went at it again, Jeongmin once again, getting the first hit, but this time he stayed up.

The two fought.

To Jeongmin's surprised, he stayed up the whole time and actually fought.

When Jeongmin finally got him down, she got back up.

"See... Where was that energy in the beginning?" She questioned, getting out of the ring. "So... Can he join us?" The boy on the outside asked. "Sure." Jeongmin said before drinking water.

"Get all his paperwork done and then turn it into the office." She said before leaving.

~ 𖣓 ~

"Who are you talking to?" Jeongmin asked walking into the office at the bookstore where saw spotted Mr. Choi on the phone.

"I was calling Moon Gwangmu." He said hanging up. "What for?" Jeongmin asked curiously. "Well... I was asking him to find some reliable men for me, someone who will help guard and protect Hyeonju." He explained.

"Help and protect Hyeonju?" Jeongmin raised her eyebrows and he nodded. "You know she's not gonna accept that." Jeongmin said. The old man sighed.

"I know, but she just got into a fight with that Yang Jaemyung guy. I just want her to be safe and not to get into any issues like I did." He said. Jeongmin nodded knowing that he meant the fight between him and Myeonggil from a long time ago.

"Well I can, of course, lend you any of my members." Jeongmin suggested but he shook his head. "You need your team as a whole, Jeongmin." He said. Jeongmin sighed and nodded.

She left the office room, meeting Hyeonju, sitting at the table.

"What are you doing?" Jeongmin sat down in front of her. "Looking into Yang Jaemyung." Hyeonjun responded, keeping her head buried in her computer.

"You're still on his case." Jeongmin scoffed in disbelief. "Yes, I am." Hyeonjun said. "Why? I saw the watch you took from him, isn't that enough? It's not like you're gonna kill him." Jeongmin sat back. "I just wanna dig more into him, find more information and why he keeps running." Hyeonju said.

"I also found out he's been going around with two of his goons, dressing up as homeless people and stealing their ID's to get more money." Hyeonju let the girl in on information.

Jeongmin sighed. "You're too nice sometimes..."

~ 𖣓 ~

"Where are we going?" Sunho asked as the two walked around the town. "Well, I heard from a small business saying that they got a big loan but there was something within the fine prints." Jeongmin said looking at the list she had on her phone.

"Up here." Jeongmin pointed at the stairs on a building. The two walked up until they reached the rooftop. "The business that they signed with is a huge one, Smile Capital." Jeongmin said as they walked over to the edge and watched down.

"Then why are we here?" Sunho asked. "We went to the other small business and their stores were already destroyed, so looking at the list... This store seems like it's next." Jeongmin pointed ahead.

"Are we gonna do anything..." Sunho asked. Jeongmin shook her head. "No, we're just watching for now... Scoping out what we're dealing with." Jeongmin said.

As they waited, they finally heard vans driving up.

"Look." Sunho said.

The two watched over as men in black outfits came out as well as one in a suit who headed inside. Not long after, he came out and stood, facing the store.

Just a couple seconds, the other men started to throw rocks at the windows, destroying the shop.

"Why destroy the shop though?" Sunho asked. "If they destroy the shop, the shop owner has nothing to keep anymore, it's for a sense of losing." Jeongmin explained.

"If they simply leave this store as it is, there's nothing to gain from it... But if they destroy it, the shop owner has nothing, can't run the shop, and smile capital gets a good laugh." She added.

After they finished, the man in the suit sat down with the lady and talked over the contract once again.

A little time went by and the two heard a groan from their bottom left. The two peered over and saw a boy in a green jacket starting a fight.

"Who is that?" Sunho asked. "I don't know." Jeongmin shrugged. They watched as he started to fight all of the men standing outside of the shop.

As he finished, he headed inside the shop, holding the lady in his arms.

"Must be her son." Jeongmin said.

They watched as he comforted her, then took the man in the suit to the back.

"Yah, yah, yah." Sunho hit the girl multiple times, pointing at the two new people who walked into the shop. One sat down and the other stood.

"Looks like Myeonggil..." Jeongmin said squinting her eyes.

They watched as the boy in green started sending punches to the bigger man in front of him, and the fight began.

In the end, the boy lost.

Myeonggil sat on the boy, taking out his knife and carving into his face.

"Ow..." Sunho said, placing his hand on his face, watching it from their distance. "Myeonggil's really lost his mind..." Jeongmin sighed.

"That boys good though, he's a tough one and he can fight." Jeongmin smiled, admiring it all. "Are we recruiting him or something?" Sunho asked. "I mean... It wouldn't be a bad decision but seeing how much he loves his mother... He'd probably refuse to get into this all." Jeongmin said, walking away with Sunho following behind her.

~ 𖣓 ~