[ 14 ]

After talking to Gangyoung about any possibilities, they decided to try and contact Im Jangdo, simply to see if they could find out Myeonggil's next move.

Gangyoung informed them that Jangdo hadn't used anything that was traceable, so the next possible answer was from Jaemyeong.

Jaemyeong had explained that Jangdo loved money, so wiring money into his account along with a phone number, it would get his attention and he'd contact the number.

And just like that, Jangdo had called. He asked what they wanted and they had told him that Myeonggil was on the move and if he had any idea of where he would be going.

Jangdo said he did know and if we wanted more information then we'd have to give him more money.

"How much will you pay me?" Jangdo asked. "A large amount." Gunwoo confirmed. Jangdo scoffed at them. "A billion." Jangdo said. "A billion?" Gunwoo looked shocked. "I trust President Choi and he fucked me over, I deserve that much." Jangdo said.

"In four days, Kim Myeonggil will flee overseas, using a method I taught him." Jangdo confirmed. "You know my account, right?" He questioned them. "Think it over." He last said before hanging up.

"A billion?" Gunwoo said again. "If we want answers, we have to find the money for it." Jeongmin sighed. "What about the money Mr. Oh gave us?" Woojin rushed over the briefcase and opened it.

"How much do we have?" Gunwoo asked. "I think about 300 million." Woojin said after counting. "That's not enough..." Gunwoo sighed.

"What if we call Minbeom?" Jeongmin suggested. "But Jangdo's the one who recorded the video of him... Do you think he'd help?" Gunwoo asked. "Anyone who wants to see someone burn and suffer will do anything." Jeongmin confirmed.

~ 𖣓 ~

The three of them stood in front of Minbeom.

"You want me to help you pay him?" Minbeom questioned. "Do you guys even believe he'd help?" Minbeom asked once again. "We do believe we can trust him." Woojin explained.

"What if he takes the money and hightails it overseas?" Minbeom asked. The four of them stayed silent for a while. "If Jangdo breaks his promise and runs, we'll chase him down and catch him." Gunwoo spoke confidently.

"That much I can promise you." Gunwoo added. Minbeom thought about it for a little before turning to face them. "You keep that promise." He said. "I will." Gunwoo smiled.

After reviving the payment, they sent it to Jangdo.

They waited til' night when Jangdo called.

"Write this down." Jangdo said. Woojin quickly grabbed a paper and pen to start writing.

"The day after tomorrow, at 1 am, a ship named Nike will depart from Pohang for Ho Chi Minh City. Kim gave political funds to a high-ranking Vietnamese official. He's gonna take off with all his slush funds. The container number is TJBU 9004230. His funds will be hidden in a truck inside a container." Jangdo explained everything to the rim.

"Shouldn't we get it when he gets on the ship?" Woojin asked. Jeongmin clearly knew what to do in the situation that Jangdo explained, so she smacked Woojin on the back of his head and mouthed "idiot" to him.

"No." Jangdo responded. "Why?" Woojin asked only to receive another hit from Jeongmin. "Get on the ship with him!" Jangdo sounded frustrated already.

"You mean all the way to Vietnam?" Woojin asked. "Well that's up to you." Jangdo confirmed. "I'm hanging up now." Jangdo said.

"Wait!" Gunwoo stopped him. "What should we do if we wanna board the ship?" He asked. Jeongmin dropped her head onto the table.

"I'll text you a contact. Tell him I sent you, and try to work out a deal. FYI, he likes cash." Jangdo continued to hang up after.

"He texted us." Gunwoo said as the phone buzzed.

"Yah, Jeongmin. Why'd you hit me... and then proceed to smack your head on the table." Woojin asked.

She lifted her head to look at the two.

"Because you're both idiots... How would we be able to get Myeonggil and the money off of the ship without it sailing away already? It's clear we have to be on the ship and get the assholes." She sighed sitting back in her seat.

"Let alone... Woojin... You've been in this loan business before, have you never dealt with things like this..." She glared. "No, I in fact have not." He said.

~ 𖣓 ~