[ 22 ]

Just like that, the two boys have never seen Jeongmin for almost two months, regardless, one of the months she went to the states with her group for another mission.

---

"I'm here~" Jeongmin entered the bookstore. 

"How was the mission?" Hyeonju asked as she rolled out of the office room. "Same as usual." Jeongmin shrugged as she sat on the couch. "What are you doing?" Jeongmin asked.

"I was doing some research on the file you gave me before you left." Hyeonju said as she got up from her chair. She went into her office and came back out with the file. Hyeonju handed it to the girl and she started to look over it.

"Woah~" Jeongmin smiled. "You've gotten better with researching." She closed the file. "Trust me, it seems like looking for things online is way easier than it used to be." Hyeonju chuckled.

"Also, a month ago, Gunwoo and Woojin came over and told me that you... Shot a person in front of them?" Hyeonju questioned. "And? It's my job, no one said they had to stay and watch. They just helped me keep the man down." Jeongmin shrugged. Hyeonju sighed as she sat back in her seat.

"Hyeonju! We got sushi!" Woojin yelled as he entered.

"Of course it's when I decided to come here." Jeongmin said underneath her breath. 

"Jeongmin!" Woojin covered his mouth. "I'll see you later, Hyeonju." Jeongmin got up with her bag. The two boys let her pass, not giving it a second thought. Jeongmin felt uneasy as they allowed her two, kind of sad that they didn't try to stop her, but also glad that they actually understood her wanting space.

"So, we wanna get back into the business." Woojin said scooting his chair in. Jeongmin heard that as she was turning out the door, so she stopped behind the wall next to the door.

"What do you mean 'get back into the business'?" Hyeonju asked. "The loan business, help take out the sharks." Gunwoo said. "Why? You guys are professional boxers!" Hyeonju said in shock. "Yeah, but... We realized that we had more of a thrill doing this than being in the ring now..." Gunwoo looked down.

"I mean... Who are you guys even gonna join?" Hyeonju asked. "You." Woojin simply said. "Me? No, no, no..." She shook her head. "Why not?" Gunwook questioned. "I work with and for Jeongmin. You guys both know she doesn't want anything to do with you two." She looked at them like they were out of their minds. 

"Well, now what do we do, Woojin?" Gunwoo looked at his friend. "I don't know... We didn't think this far." Woojin shrugged. "I can try and talk to Jeongmin about it." Hyeonju smiled a little. 

Hyeonju grabbed her phone and clicked onto Jeongmin contact.

Her phone began to ring.

The three of them looked at the door.

"Goddamnit." Jeongmin grabbed her phone.

She sighed as she appeared from the side of the door and walked back in.

"How long were you there for?" Gunwoo asked. "I heard everything." She replied.

"I'm not letting you guys work with me and my team." She tilted her head. The two boys looked at her with sad eyes. "It's too dangerous, you guys saw that one night. I'm not stopping you guys from working in the field, just not with my group." Jeongmin added.

"Why not? We don't even know where else to go." Woojin said. "What about that Im guy you used to work for." Jeongmin asked. "I would ask but... His business has kind of gone down hill... We'd get paid less from him now." Woojin sighed.

"Well then... Do some research, look for loan business that need bloodhounds. Bye." Jeongmin began to walk out.

"Jeongmin!" Hyeonju yelled for the girl. She turned to face her friend. She gave the girl pleading eyes, asking to give the two boys a chance. 

"You know puppy dog eyes don't work on me." Jeongmin glared. "You two just stick with your boxing, don't get into any trouble that'll rip you away from your successful jobs." Jeongmin looked at the two before leaving.

"What if we don't want to work in the boxing industry?" Gunwoo asked, stopping the girls in her tracks. She turned to face the three who had their eyes on her. 

"And why would you do that? Everything's going great for you two. Why would you leave this career you've been dreaming of for the longest to get into danger?" Jeongmin asked. 

"Thrill and adrenaline?" Woojin shrugged. "Adrenaline isn't a permanent feeling. You wanna jump off a cliff because of adrenaline, you break your leg, you can't feel it because of the adrenaline rush... Once the rush is gone, you're in pain." Jeongmin explained.

Just then, Gunwoo phone rang.

"Who is it?" Woojin asked. "My manager." Gunwoo answered. "Exactly my point... Don't quite your boxing careers, just stay out of the way from anything that has to do with me." Jeongmin said before she was finally able to walk out.

~ 𖣓 ~