[ 19 ]

Back in Korea, after a month of being in the states, Jeongmin's phone would non-stop ringing because of Gunwoo.

"Doesn't he have training or something?" Jeongmin groaned she declined the call once again. "Why don't you just answer it?" Minjoo said resting her head in her hands. "No, I'm doing this for our own good, and by 'our', I mean me and Gunwoo." Jeongmin said.

"Not Woojin too?" Minjoo asked. "Fine, Woojin too." Jeongmin rolled her eyes.

"Just... Talk to them, at least once." Sunho sat down. "Tell them why you don't want to associate with them." He shrugged. 

The gym door buzzed.

Jeongmin headed over and pressed the button that turned on the camera.

"Hyeonju?" Jeongmin looked shocked as she pressed the button to allow the girl in. 

"I'm back!" Hyeonju threw her arms up. Jeongmin headed for a hug as the two wrapped their arms around each other. "You didn't tell me you were coming back today?" Jeongmin said as she let the girl go.

"Yeah... I know I told you that I would be back in a months top but I wanted it to be a surprise." Hyeonju said.

The two girls sat at a table and continued to talk. 

"So, how was Europe? You were there for a whole year." Jeongmin asked as she drank her water. Hyeonju sighed with a smile. "It was fun, I got to learn new things, obviously, but in the middle of it, I started missing Seoul." She still had the smile on her face.

"Then why didn't you come back earlier?" Jeongmin asked. "I wanted to suck it up, be on my own, just so I knew I could get over anything like homesickness." Hyeonju said.

"So, how's Gunwoo and Woojin?" Hyeonju leaned in to learn about her friends since she left. Jeongmin eyes widened a little with pursed lips. "About that..." She awkwardly laughed.

"What?" Hyeonju questioned confused. "Did they die!?" She asked in disbelief. "What!? No!" Jeongmin leaned back in her seat. 

"After our events with Smile Capital, the two of them went back to their boxing careers with a clean record, and obviously I'm here as a bloodhound..." Jeongmin explained.

"Mhm... And?" Hyeonju asked. "I may or may not have cut the two of them off..." Jeongmin twiddled her fingers as she looked down. "You what? Why? What happened? Did they hurt you or something?" Hyeonju questioned the girl in all seriousness.

"No." Jeongmin shook her head as she looked up at Hyeonju. Hyeonju looked at the girl, giving her a look of "continue on". Jeongmin sighed as she slumped in her seat.

"I didn't want to hurt them." Jeongmin confessed. "Hurt them? Can't you just separate the from your business and life in general?" Hyeonju furrowed her eyebrows. "Not when my life revolves around this business." Jeongmin sighed.

"What is it? Is there something else bothering you?" Hyeonju asked. "Well, I ran into them a couple weeks ago at the cafe... They asked me the same questioned... Where have I been? What a I doing? Why haven't I been answering their texts and calls?" Jeongmin spoke.

"And?" Hyeonju wanted more answers. "I told them to take it as a hint." Jeongmin said. "You're beating around the bush, Park." Hyeonju said. "What do you mean?" Jeongmin looked at her confused. "It's Gunwoo, right?" Hyeonju asked.

Jeongmin sighed.

"Yeah... I didn't want to hurt him, but I guess Woojin plays a part of it as well since they're best friends... Gunwoo makes me happy but I don't want to involve him in this, especially because he's a professional boxer now." Jeongmin said.

"Can I be friends with them still?" Hyeonju asked. "Of course you can, just... Don't involve me with them." Jeongmin smiled. "No promises, but I'll try to work around it." Hyeonju smiled. 

"Also, since I'm back and, obviously, grandpa is gone, along with his business..." Hyeonju looked at the girl. "Yes, you can work with us." Jeongmin said.

The girl jumped and cheered.

"But!" Jeongmin grabbed the girls arms that were in the air.

"As for now, you'll be assigned as a researcher for the group, no hands on, physical fights." Jeongmin said. "Ugh, why?" Hyeonju said. "Because, it's been a year, the loan industry has gotten tougher and more dangerous, you'll need more training if you wanna go physical." Jeongmin said walking off to the back where her office lied.

"Fine." Hyeonju sighed. "Yah." Hyeonju got the girls attention. "What?" Jeongmin asked. "Is the bookstore still up? Is it safe there?" Hyeonju asked. "Yeah, no one has touched that place since we left it." Jeongmin shook her head as she spoke.

"Is it safe from all the loan sharks?" Hyeonju asked. "Should be, the only people who knew of it was Smile Capital and anyone who's been there to get help from Mr. Choi. The location of the book store if not even online anymore." Jeongmin explained.

"Well then, I'm gonna go station there and work." Hyeonju smiled. "Are you sure?" Jeongmin asked. The girl nodded. "It'll feel like old times for me, and I'll be alone." She shrugged.

Jeongmin sighed as she stashed away some paper work.

"If that's what you want." Jeongmin said. "Just be careful." She said.

"Will do! I'll be off, you know where to find me." Hyeonju left.

~ 𖣓 ~