[ 23 ]

After Jeongmin finally drew the line, every time she saw the two boys out in public, they'd pass by each other like they were strangers.

---

Jeongmin and Sunho walked into the cafe and ordered their drinks. They stood by the pick-up counter as they waited for their drinks to be finished.

Sunho noticed two similar people and tapped Jeongmin, pointing into their direction.

"Hey, where's Gunwoo?" Hyeonju asked as she sat down with Woojin. "Crying in his room." Woojin shrugged. "Crying in his room? Why?" Hyeonju furrowed her eyebrows.

"It's the 'anniversary' of when we met Jeongmin." Woojin quoted "anniversary". "What do you mean?" Hyeonju looked confused. "Gunwoo liked Jeongmin the second he saw her basically. He wouldn't shut up about her, although she was scary when we first met her..." Woojin nodded slowly.

"When she finally drew the last line, he realized that was it." He shrugged. "Wow... Gunwoo really knows how to hid his feelings some times..." Hyeonju nodded. 

"How much did you hear?" Sunho looked down at the girl. "Enough to make me wanna cry in my room as well." She nodded. The boy patted her back. "Just remember... It's for their own good." Sunho said as Jeongmin nodded. 

When their drinks were ready, they took them and started to head out.

"Park Jeongmin." Hyeonju called the girl. "Yes?" Jeongmin asked. "The mission tomorrow night, how many people are gonna be on it?" Hyeonju asked. "About ten of us." Jeongmin answered. "Okay, I'll have ten in-ears ready by tonight." Hyeonju confirmed.

"Alright, see you later then." Jeongmin said as she exited with Sunho.

~ 𖣓 ~

"You five are going to play guards, okay? Stay down here, they'll suspect that you guys work for the company. We'll be waiting upstairs to have the meeting." Minjoo explained to the others.

"Let's head out." Jeongmin said.

They all got out the vans and headed into their positions.

As the five of them waited in the room, something started to feel uneasy. 

"Why are they running late?" Sunho asked. "Am I the only one that's not really too good about this..." Munseo asked. Jeongmin who sat on the couch looked at her phone for the time.

12:47 am

"They were suppose to be here an hour ago." Jisung groaned as she slumped in his seat. "They're still not here yet." Luna, who was one of the members positioned in the lobby, spoke through the in-ears.

Jeongmin sighed as she started to think.

"Let's go." She said getting up. "But what if they show up?" Minjoo asked. "They're gonna be a no-show. If anything, they would have been here earlier." Jeongmin said.

"And I suspect this isn't gonna end well if we stay and wait longer..." She added tilting her head.

"Hyeonju, have some help from the other researchers to look for any possible locations." Jeongmin tapped the in-ear. "On it." Hyeonju responded.

The five who were in the room left, heading down to the lobby where the other five stood tiredly.

"Let's head out." Sunho said as they passed them.

They all piled out and back into the vans. They drove around a bit as they waited for someone of the research team to respond with any information.

"Yah, Jeongmin, look!" Sumin pointed out the window. It was the leader of the group they were waiting for. "Why is he running?" Jisung questioned.