[ 4 ]

The four arrived at the bookstore. Upon entering, three of them checked their wounds and applied ointment on them, as the other sat, looking through her phone.

"So... Who are you?" Woojin asked. "Park Jeongmin, childhood friend of Hyeonju, one of Mr. Choi's most trusted people, former MMA rookie." Jeongmin introduced herself.

"MMA?" Woojin questioned. "Yeah, I run my own group for this type of business, it only consists of MMA fighters, whether it's former, retired, kicked, new fighters, and current." Jeongmin smiled.

"Wah... You're crazy. Did you get a scratch on you?" He asked. Jeongmin shook her head. "Wah..." He sounded amazed as he leaned back in his chair.

"You're the girl in the other photos, right?" Gunwoo pointed to the picture frames. "Yeah." Jeongmin smiled with a nod. "And you're scar boy." Jeongmin said.

Gunwoo nodded awkwardly.

"How did you know about his scar? Could just be makeup." Woojin said. "I saw him get the scar on his face... By Myeonggil, the guy with the scar on his face." Jeongmin said.

"You saw it and did nothing!?" Woojin stood up defensively. "Hey, I have my own things I have to deal with, I don't interfere unless I'm told to by Mr. Choi or if it's my own mission." Jeongmin said.

"You know that man?" Gunwoo asked. Jeongmin nodded. "I know a lot of things." She smiled.

"Wait... you keep mentioning a business and all that, what do you do?" Woojin leaned forward. "Nothing that should concern your worries." She replied. "Do you kill people?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "I don't know, do I?" She tilted her head with a small smile.

Hyeonju got off her phone that none of them had realized she was on.

"Grandpa wants us to go to the house." She said.

~ 𖣓 ~

"Sit." He demanded the four.

He looked at Hyeonju.

"Do you know how scared I got when you call me?" He questioned her. "When I got your call, it felt like the end of the world for me." He continued. "You're my family. I was afraid I was gonna lose you."

"I was so worried, I had to call Jeongmin to come help you guys. Let alone, I had to call Yangjung and Duyeong." He said. "And you know I only call those three when it's something serious."

"I won't condone you guys going after them anymore, for now, let the adults handle this." He said.

"I also wanna help." Gunwoo stepped in. "Gunwoo-ah... This isn't one where someone wins or loses... This is war and it'll only end once someones dead." Mr. Choi looked at the boy.

"I'm still in this, right?" Jeongmin asked. "Only when I call you in." He nodded.

"Why can Jeongmin be a part of it but I can't?" Hyeonju asked. "She's only three years older than me." Hyeonju sighed. "And? Gunwoo's 25, Woojin's 27, but I've known Jeongmin her whole life, I know the things she can and can't do do, and I know she won't get hurt when she's on these missions with us adults." Mr. Choi responded.

"You've only learned what I've taught you and from what Yangjung and Duyeong have taught you. Jeongmin learned from us but also from professional MMA fighters, at this point, Jeongmin and her whole group could be the ones I call if I ever needed bloodhounds." He said.

"Bloodhounds?" Gunwoo and Woojin turned to the girl. "I thought you said that you don't kill people." Woojin said. "I never confirmed nor denied it." She replied.

"Now, you three go upstairs." Mr. Choi looked at the three. They got up and left as he talked to Hyeonju.

"Can you teach me what you did back there? If it was me... I'd be dead." Woojin said. Jeongmin sighed, walking into the kitchen. She grabbed a kitchen knife and handed it to Woojin.

"Come at me." She said once she was at a distance. "What?" He looked at her in disbelief. "Just do it." She said. Woojin, with a lot of hesitation, ran towards the girl with the knife pointing at her.

She watched as he got closer, seeing where the knife was aiming before moving out of the way. With moving, she grabbed his wrist.

"It's all about timing and where it's aiming. Don't move too quickly because that'll give the opponent the chance to move the knife to come at you. With the short time you move, you'll also be able to grab their wrist." Jeongmin showed.

"Then, also make sure you have a hand on the knife as well so it doesn't fall on the ground if you're planning on using it." She placed her free hand on Woojin's fist that curled around the handle.

"Best way to make someone drop a weapon is either hitting it out, apply pressure, or bending it to the point their hand could break." She applied pressure to his hand.

"Ow!" He let go of the knife to which it fell into Jeongmin's hands. "But with that, don't let go of the wrist once you have the knife, instead, take your foot and sweep them." She said knocking the boy down. "And don't let go of the wrist still, even when they're down. If you let them go, who knows how quickly they can attack. You have to be the one in control."

"Ow-" He groaned. "And if you're gonna use the knife, do it quickly." She said letting go of his wrist. She returned the kitchen knife from where she got it.

"You're amazing..." Woojin said. "Yeah, I know." Jeongmin smiled.

Gunwoo's jaw was dropped open as he was shocked and surprised, also adding in some claps.

~ 𖣓 ~