[ 5 ]

Jeongmin returned to the gym the day after the incident.

"What happened?" Sunho asked. Jeongmin had told them everything.

"Are we helping?" Minju asked. "Of course, I'll call you guys when or if needed, just stay on standby." Jeongmin said and they all nodded.

They all headed back to training as the day went by.

"Yes?" Jeongmin asked as she answered the phone. "Wanna come meet me for hotpot?" Hyeonju asked. "See you in a little." Jeongmin said hanging up.

"I'm gonna head out." Jeongmin said grabbing her stuff. "Okay, see you soon." They all bid their goodbyes before she left.

---

"Are you really gonna help with Myeonggil?" Hyeonju asked. "Only if Mr. Choi calls me in." Jeongmin said. "Jeongmin, you have to help no matter if he calls you or not." Hyeonju said.

"Why?" Jeongmin questioned. "Why!? Because, like he said, someone has to die for this to end and I don't want it to be my grandpa." Hyeonju sternly said.

Jeongmin sat back with a sigh.

"You know... Kim Myeonggil and his group are too good." Jeongmin said. "But you're better! You've told me how many people wanted to work with you before! You're always a step or more ahead than everyone else." Hyeonju said.

"Hyeonju-ah..." Jeongmin leaned forward.

"Myeonggil and his group are like 20 steps ahead. I could make a move right now and they'd have me killed the second I do anything." Jeongmin said.

"They have eyes and people planted everywhere, Mr. Choi doesn't have that many people working for him anymore. I've already looked into Smile Capital, that shit company is bigger than any other business in Korea at this point." Jeongmin confirmed.

"So you're just gonna let us lose this?" Hyeonju asked.

"I'm not saying that, I'm just saying I'm following orders, something you've never learned to do and that will get you killed." Jeongmin sat back.

"Please, Jeongmin, please...." Hyeonju begged.

She begged and begged until Jeongmin got tired of it. By this time, they had finished their hotpot and Hyeonju followed Jeongmin to her gym.

"Fine!" Jeongmin yelled. "Great! Grandpa wants us to go collect the money from the bookstore tonight so be there!" Hyeonju ran off.

"This girl..." Jeongmin shook her head.

~ 𖣓 ~

Jeongmin wait for the three of them outside of the building. She looked at the time.

2:30 am

She put her phone in her pocket and looked around in the dark.

Once headlights showed up, she pushed herself off her bike and greeted them before bringing the boxes inside.

They rushed to the bookstore and started folding the boxes and organizing the money before placing them in.

"Do you guys have a trolley or something?" Gunwoo asked. "There's some in the storage room at the bottom of the building." Hyeonju answered.

"You guys organize the money on the floor, we'll go get the trolley." Gunwoo said, taking Woojin with him.

The two girls took the fake books off the shelf and started to organize it all. As they did, Jeongmin noticed that Hyeonju was thrown off a bit.

"What?" Jeongmin asked.

Hyeonju walked into the office room and Jeongmin followed behind her. They noticed nothing on the cameras. Then, they saw someone walking to the storage room that Gunwoo and Woojin were in.

"You stay and organize the money." Hyeonju ordered Jeongmin.

Jeongmin grabbed her arm.

"Are you crazy? I'll go and you stay." Jeongmin said. "No, just stay, I'll go." Hyeonju said. As Hyeonju loved to do things herself, she left before Jeongmin could say more.

She organized the money more until her uneasiness swallowed her whole.

She left the room seeing no sight of Hyeonju or the guys. She walked down the halls and sped up little by little. She went down the stairs and checked the different levels before she heard a groan and some thuds.

As she walked faster, she found a metal bat and took it with her. She walked down the hall and found Hyeonju who was fighting with someone.

Sneaking up behind, Jeongmin swung the bat at the man.

He groaned as he fell.

"You little shit!" He looked at Jeongmin. As he tried to get up, Hyeonju kicked the man back down. Jeongmin took the bat and gave him another hit, knocking him out.

They found the keys and unlocked the handcuffs on Hyeonju's hands before they cuffed him to a pipe.

They left and went to the basement where the two guys were tying another up.

"Why are you tying his hands in the front? It'll be easy for him to escape." Jeongmin said looking at the two. "Well it's too late now..." Woojin said.

"Just double the zip-ties then." Jeongmin said.

After so, they all headed back to the bookstore to continue to put the money away. As they got to the level, they didn't see Jangdo, whom they cuffed to the pipe.

"He broke the pipe..." Hyeonju said.

They moved on to start taking packing the money and moving it out to the car.

"Wait, we need to get the things in the safe." Hyeonju stopped them all. "Why? What's in it?" Woojin asked. "Billions." Hyeonju replied.

"We have to get the things in the safe!" Woojin said to his friend. "There's billions in there!" He added. "You two go put the money in the car, we'll get the stuff in the safe." Hyeonju said.

Gunwoo and Jeongmin headed out together and started putting the boxes of money into the car.

~ 𖣓 ~