[ 24 ]

"Alright, you know everything, right Jeongmin?" The doctor asked the girl with puffy eyes that drooped. "Yeah, yeah. No physical fights until my hands are fully healed." She sighed. 

"Good." He said. "Remember to apply these ointments when you wake up and when you go to sleep. Your next appointment will be next week so we can check how it's going with the healing process, after that it'll be the next two weeks." The doctor explained.

He explained some more before her and Sunho left.

"So... Why was Gunwoo there?" Sunho asked. "I don't know either..." She shrugged. "I guess he saw us running and came after us..." Jeongmin sighed as the two walked.

"And did you thank him for helping?" Sunho looked at the girl. She shook her head. "No?" He looked at her confused. "Jeongmin-ah..." He sighed. 

"You should at least thank him... After all, he did help save your life... You couldn't do anything in that situation, your hands were holding onto a blade and you couldn't move your legs out from underneath him." Sunho explained.

"If it weren't for Gunwoo, you could have died, you saw how long it took us to come help out." Sunho added.

"Fine." Jeongmin sighed. "But at least let me get some sleep since we were in the hospital all last night." She yawned. 

The two made it back to their apartment.

"Get some rest." Sunho said grabbing a water bottle from the fridge. "If I'm not here when you wake up then I'm at the gym." He assured her. She nodded as she headed into her room, closing the door behind her. 

She changed and got into bed, falling asleep easily.

~ 𖣓 ~

A week had gone by when Sunho told Jeongmin she should thank Gunwoo. She couldn't do much since she wouldn't allow herself to. Everyday was the same thing, get up, eat breakfast, go to the gym and just watch everyone do everything.

---

"I'm not a bad guy, right..." Gunwoo looked down. "Gunwoo... You've been asking the same thing this whole week. Why would you be?" Woojin asked, placing a hand on his friends shoulder.

"When I saw them running, I was contemplating if I should help or not... Just the thought that I was just gonna walk away from it all." Gunwoo replied.

"Did you walk away or did you go and help?" Woojin looked at his friend reassuringly. "I helped..." Gunwoo answered. "Exactly. If you didn't help then you would have been the bad guy." Woojin said.

The three talked some more until Gunwoo's phone rang. 

He took his phone off the table and looked at the name.

Park Jeongmin

He stood up from the chair, jaw open, staring at the screen.

"What is it?" Hyeonju asked.

Gunwoo answered the call and put the phone up to his ear.

"Kim Gunwoo." Jeongmin's voice spoke through the phone. "I'm gonna send you a location of a private bloodhound lounge... Meet me there." She said before hanging up. His phone dinged and it was Jeongmin sending her a location.

"I gotta go, I'll see you guys later." Gunwoo said walking out.

He rushed over to the location she had sent.

He was about to walk in but was stopped.

"Name." The guard said. "Kim Gunwoo... Park Jeongmin invited me." He said. The two guards looked at the list. "Go on in." They opened the doors for him.

He walked in and looked around for the girl. 

When he spotted her, he went over and sat down.

"Hi, Jeongmin." He put on a small smile. "Ah... Hey, Gunwoo." She looked up from her phone. "Are your hands okay?" He asked looking down at them. "They're doing fine." She smiled.

"Thank you for helping me back there..." She said. "And I'm sorry for the way I responded to you when you were just trying to help me out and ask if I was okay..." She confessed.

He shook his head with his smile. "It's fine, Jeongmin... I understand where you were coming from." He assured her. "So this place..." He looked around him.

"Right, the bloodhound lounge." She said. "This is where any and all bloodhounds come to just get away from their jobs." She shrugged. 

"Ah~" He nodded.

The two continued on a conversation. Surprisingly, they got along like the old days.

After an hour or so, Jeongmin's phone rang.

"Hello?" She answered. "Are you gonna come and do the try-outs?" Sunho asked. "The try-outs...? Oh shit, I forgot." She said. She took the phone away from her ear to look at the time before placing it back.

"Start without me, I'll be there soon." She said. "Alright, see you." Sunho hung up.

"What is it?" Gunwoo asked. "I have to go. We're hiring more people for the team and we're starting a new section of the team." She stood up. "Oh, okay." He stood up as well. 

The two walked out of the building together.

"Thanks for meeting me." Jeongmin said as she turned to face him. "Anytime." He smiled.

"But that also doesn't mean that we're friends." She said. "Got it." He nodded.

~ 𖣓 ~