[ 29 ]

Jeongmin went around the whole day on her own, collecting any information she could get. Mr. Cheon kept his eyes on the girl the whole time.

"Did she receive the gun?" Mr. Cheon asked his assistant. "As it looks, yes." His assistant, Hyunmin, responded. "We'll get her tonight." Mr. Cheon smiled.

~ 𖣓 ~

Hyeonju met with Jeongmin to finish some more information searching.

"Anything about the gun?" Jeongmin asked. The other girl sighed as she shook her head. "There's no clue to it. No handprints, no return address, nothing." Hyeonju said. "Do you think it's a threat?" Hyeonju looked up. 

"Oh, most definitely." Jeongmin nodded. "If no one from our group bought the gun, there should be no reason it shows up out of no where." She added.

"Who do you think it could be from? Did you guys leave anyone not dead from previous missions?" Hyeonju questioned. "No, we got everyone that was on the hit list." Jeongmin confirmed as she looked over it. 

"We even get the cleanup crew to do a check off by the names once they clean the person up." Jeongmin sighed.

"Whatever, I'm sure it's gonna be nothing too harmful." Hyeonju said. "Same." Jeongmin shrugged.

The two continued on until Hyeonju said she was gonna leave to go back to looking into different upcoming cases.

"See you at the gym." Hyeonju bid her goodbye as she left.

Jeongmin stayed at the cafe, looking into more things on her computer as she continued to take note of things.

The sun fell before she even knew it.

"Miss." The worker came up to her. "We're closing the cafe..." She said. Jeongmin looked around her, the outside was dark, there was no one inside the cafe besides her and the workers.

"Ah... Sorry, I'll get going." Jeongmin said.

She started to pack everything and leave. She headed back to the gym where she dropped off her bag.

"Sunho." She peaked her head out of her office. "Come help me hand out everyones pay?" She asked. He ran over and took some of the cash from the table and began to pass it out along with Jeongmin.

"You're really in a rush today." Sunho said as they headed back into her office. "I know..." She said. "It's just, I've planned way too much..." Jeongmin sighed.

"We have missions all week next week." She said looking at the calendar. "Why don't you take a break." Sunho said. "A break?" Jeongmin chuckled. "Yeah..." Sunho nodded. "You've been stressed a little over the past months."

"I'm fine, Sunho." Jeongmin assured. "No you're not... Jeongmin, just take a break, we'll handle it from here." Sunho assured her. "I, your partner in crime, am capable of running the group smoothly." He smiled.

"Thanks, Sunho, but I promise you, it's fine." She nodded.

"Well then, I'll be by your side the whole time then because I don't trust you... I mean, I do trust you but not right now." He said. "Whatever makes you happy." Jeongmin grabbed her bag.

The two left the office.

"Minjoo, make sure you lock up the gym once everyone is gone." Jeongmin said. "Got it." She confirmed.

Jeongmin and Sunho left the gym.

"Let's get you a drink." Sunho said. He led her to the 24 hour cafe where they ordered some drinks just for Jeongmin to relax, even if it was for five minutes.

The two stood outside as they chatted and had their drinks, that was before Jeongmin's phone rang.

"Hello, Killer Hounds, Park Jeongmin, speaking." She answered. "Jeongmin! Just the person I was looking for." Mr. Cheon's voice came through. "Cheon Jimun?" Jeongmin questioned.

"Correct." He said. She was able to feel the smile through the phone. "I have your boyfriend and his friend here with me." He said. "Boyfriend? I don't have a boyfriend." Jeongmin furrowed her eyebrows as she looked at Sunho. 

"Jeongmin..." Gunwoo's voice came through. "Kim Gunwoo?" Jeongmin questioned even further. "That's right." Jimun said excitedly. 

"I want you to come here alone... Save your boyfriend and his friend... Or, you and your boyfriend can have a little Romeo and Juliette moment and die together. We'll be waiting. If you bring anyone, I'll kill them both." He hung up. Her phone dinged as she received the location.

Jeongmin explained everything to Sunho. She signaled Sunho to follow her as she walked off. 

They walked back to the gym where everyone still was.

She placed her finger on the ID scanner before walking in.

"Get ready, we're going to save Gunwoo and Woojin." Jeongmin said. "What? Jeongmin, he said he'd kill them if you brought people." Sunho said. "Since when have I ever listened?" Jeongmin asked. 

"Phone." Jeongmin held out her hand. Sunho passed it to her and she dialed. "Damin, get your bow and arrow, come to the gym and be prepared." Jeongmin said before hanging up.

~ 𖣓 ~