Brotherly Love CH 5

"Pass me that pretty red one." Garreth outstretched his arm, grabbing a large ornament from Julie. The last two weeks had been a blur. If he wasn't in class or at Quidditch practice, he was in Hogsmeade spending time with Julie. His mother had sent a howler earlier on in the week, hearing through the grapevine that he had some mysterious older girlfriend and was slacking on his studies. If his classmates didn't know before, they knew now.

He had tried to stay away for a few days, he truly did. He even had an all-night study session with Natty in the common room, but all he could think about was what Julie was doing. He was so over Hogwarts. He couldn't wait to graduate so he could be with her all the time. Of course he would have to get a job, and talk Julie into letting him move in with her, and ask her to be his girlfriend. Other than that, he seemed to have a good plan for after graduation.

Right now he was in Honeydukes, decorating the large Christmas tree that would sit in the back of the store. He wasn't one to do any extra-curriculars besides Quidditch, but when the Hogsmeade decorating committee was asking for volunteers he jumped at the chance.

"You know you can just use magic. Doing it the muggle way is time consuming." She said handing him another ornament. Garreth took another step on the old ladder, placing it further on top. "That's exactly why I'm doing it. I want to be here until I have to be back for curfew." Blasted curfew. He was done with Hogwarts and Hogwarts rules.

"So, what are you doing for Christmas? Are you going to see your family?" He asked, re-arranging a few ornaments he had already placed.

"I doubt it, it's not like I wasn't invited to Christmas, but no one has asked me to come either. I will probably skip this year. Let everyone cool down." She still had not talked to her family since she left home. It would just be awkward if she showed up now.

A brilliant idea popped in his brain. He jumped down from the ladder, his brown boots hitting the floor with a loud thud. "Why don't you spend Christmas with my family? There is always plenty of food, we usually eat leftovers for a week."

Wow, what a terrible idea. Julie sulked her shoulders low, still carrying the box of ornaments. "Didn't your mother send you a howler last week telling you to stay away from me?"

"Well yea, but she will get over it. Especially when I tell her you have no one to spend Christmas with. She's a sucker for things like that. Just act like you haven't eaten for days and say you didn't get anything in your stocking. She'll warm up to you." He wiped his hands on his trousers, looking at her with pleading eyes.

"I think I'll pass. I'll just make a fire and read all day." She took an ornament out of the box and tried to give him it.

He grabbed the box instead, placing it on a shelf. "Come on, at least think about it. I don't want to spend all of Christmas break without seeing you. Also, it would pretttty romantic kissing you under the mistletoe on Christmas day don't you think?" He leaned over for a kiss, instead getting her hand over his face, pushing him away. "Not while I'm at work. Unlike you I have to keep a job."

His face scrunched up in annoyance, watching as she hung her ornament on a branch. "At least say you will owl me." He thought for a second before continuing. "Once a day."

Julie rolled her eyes. "Once a day? Don't you think that's abit much?"

"Ok once every other day?" He took her hand in his, gently massaging her palm with his fingers. "Please?"

Her gaze softened. How could she say no when he did things like that. She had to admit she had a soft spot for him. She wouldn't call it love, but she loved things about him. He was the first guy to treat her this way. It was very nice. "Fine, every other day. I promise."