Dummy CH 9

Garreth looked down at his work, congratulating himself on being a genius. He had been working on this little project for a few days now and tonight, he had finally perfected it. The resourceful Gryffindor had taken several sacks of hay and sewn them together to get a dummy that was just about the right size and build as him. Then he carefully transfigured it to look like him, only sound asleep. He had spent a few hours looking in the mirror so he could get his features just right.

"I never knew how bulby my nose was." He spoke to the dummy, tucking it into his bed. He had already spoke to his dormmates about his plan. They didn't necessarily think the plan was as brilliant as he thought, but they wouldn't snitch on him. After all, it's not like he would do this often. Just once in a blue moon.

He had used a disillusionment charm most of the way there, a little paranoid someone he knew would see him and go tell one of the professors that he was out of his bed past curfew. Once he was in Upper Hogsfeild he felt confident that he was in the clear. He had stopped at a small clearing to pick a few wildflowers to give to Julie. Maybe if he didn't come empty handed, she wouldn't scold him too harshly.

He stood on her steps, brushing his long bangs away from his head before knocking. He could hear her stumble around the house before opening the door slowly, poking her head outside the door. "Garreth! What the hell are you doing here at this hour?!" She exclaimed.

Garreth did a little happy dance along with a little singsong.

"Juliana, Juliana where do you go?
Ah ha, me London Julie
Juliana, Juliana where do you go?
Ah ha, me London Julie."

Julie crossed her arms, leaning on the doorframe, not at all impressed with his serenade. "For real, how did you get out past curfew?" Garreth giggled to himself before handing her the small bundle of flowers. He brushed past her, inviting himself in. "You are looking at the cleverest wizard Gryffindor has ever seen. I transfigured a dummy to look exactly like me. Down to every single mole and freckle."

He moved over to her kitchen, picking up a red delicious apple from the fruit bowl. "It will suffice for the night. How does a sleepover sound?" He took a bite from the apple, chewing with his mouth open.

She placed the flowers in a small vase that sat on her table, acting like she was annoyed with him. "If they find out you are out of your bed the first place they are coming is here. Then you will be banned from leaving the grounds entirely. Did you ever think about that?"

"Well, no I didn't, but it will be worth it if I get to spend the night holding you." He sat his apple on the counter and walked over behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist and nuzzled his nose in the crook of her neck. "You must admit that sounds nice. Getting to sleep next to each other for once?"

Julie blushed, a small smile on her lips as she rested her hands on his. "Yes, that does sound nice. But only for one night. You can't expect to pull this off twice."

"Yes, just one night. We are going to have to savor it then." His hands wondered around her body before cupping her breast through her thin nightgown. He peppered soft kisses along her neck, knowing where her sweet spots were.

"You're still recovering. You must go easy now." She spoke breathlessly, feeling her face get hot.

"Stop worrying about me. I'm a big boy ya know." He said before trailing his tongue down her neck.

A tiny whimper escaped her, the sound like a soft bell to his ears. He thrusted his hips toward her backside, letting her know how hard she had made him. They hadn't been able to have sex since his fall at his Quidditch game. Anytime they tried she could see the small pain in his eyes when he over-exerted himself.