Chapter Thirty-Eight

Chapter 38

--

Sanji's POV

--------------------------------

Brook said, "I'll continue, since shortly after Zoro knocked Sanji out, and I bore witness to all the pain Sanji went through."

I sighed. "Thanks, Brook."

"Soo, after Sanji did that, Zoro just gently pushed him out of the way, knocking Sanji out, and said softly, 'Sorry, Sanji. But you have your own dreams to complete. I have to be the one. You can't find as many cooks as talented as you.'

"ZORO COMPLEMENTED SANJI?!" Luffy said surprised, and I was surprised as well. I mean, the rolling pirates told me the jist of what happened but I didn't imagine Zoro saying anything like that about me.

"After that, Kuma, well, he usd his paws, and extracted all the pain coming from Luffy's body into... one giant bubble of pain. It scared my guts off, though I'm a skeleton and don't have guts. YOHOHOHO!"

"Just continue," Luffy sighed. "I want to know what happened... I need to know what happened, I MUST know what happened."

"Fine, Luffy! But you won't be happy about what you hear," Brook said, and Robin and I nodded. I said quietly to myself sorry Zoro. I know you wanted to keep this a secret from the crew and Luffy especially, but our archeologist is too smart and saw right through this. Please forgive me...

"So, Kuma then said, 'If you are a loyal member of Luffy, and wish to get rid of his pain, then... take this giant amount of pain, and instead of having your CAPTAIN suffer from this pain YOU WILL. Of course, this will surely kill you, each bit of pain is twice the pain that you are feeling at this moment. Let's just try... a little sample, if you will."

Chopper gasped, Nami screamed, Franky had his hands covering his mouth, and then Franky said, "So... you're saying?"

Brook only continued on after hearing that. "So Kuma gave Zoro a little bit of this big pain blob... after that, Zoro was already feeling like his life ended, his pain was that bad."

The straw hats were whimpering at this point.

"But then, Kuma said, 'I will now leave this to you. I trust you'll take all of the remaining pain, right?"

And, instead of answering, Zoro just took all of the pain head on!" Brook said, crying.

"ZORO WHAT?" Luffy screamed.