Chapter Fifty-Five

----------------------------------------

Chapter 55

--

Sanji's POV

--------------------------------

He must be able to hear me. Chopper said his heart rate was going faster. I was so happy.

After that little thing, Chopper told the rest of the crew to come outside while he checked on Zoro. He said that his health might have gotten better thanks to what I did.

What I did was embarrasing, but it was still totally worth it. Even if he didn't remember it, I would still be happy. It's been hard, with the whole nightmare thing, then right after it gets resolved, he gets kidnapped, and then he gets comatose.

As soon as we were all outside, Nami told me, "So spill! What do you feel like when Zoro's around you? How long have you had a crush on him? And why have you been vibing on me and Robin still? Spill! Spill! Spill!"

I sighed. Leave it to the beautiful Nami-swan to ask me all of the nosy bits. I leaned over and lit my cigarette.

"She's right you know!" Usopp said. "I already have my own love already, so I wouldn't get jealous or anything. Don't worry about spilling to me!"

"I wouldn't mind, either," Robin stated. I sighed. Robin still had her scary face on. It freaked me out a bit.

"Can you please, please give me a breather first? Pretty please?" I asked them all.

"Fine, fine," Luffy said with a groan.

"You're still SUPER all the way!" Franky said. "Don't let whatever is going on between you and Zoro change that."
"Thanks, Franky," I said. Really, what he said made me feel a little better. It reminded me that whatever was going on with me and Zoro would be ok. That everything was going to be alright. That Zoro would survive.

"Good news everyone!" Chopper said. "Zoro is in a stable condition now. He'll probably wake up in a few days!"
"Really?" I said. Yes! Zoro would wake up. He was going to survive this. He was going to be there for me, and would be with us as Luffy continued his journey to become the King of the Pirates. I lifted my head up.

I still wasn't ready to sleep. Not until Zoro was walking without trouble, doing training, and acting as a fit human being would.

"Sorry, Chopper," I said. "Don't ask me to sleep yet. I'll do it as soon as he wakes up."
Chopper smacked me in the head. "Idiot! You need it more than probably anyone in this whole world right now. And I'm your doctor. You need to get rest!"
"I'll be fine, Chopper," I said, shaking my head. "Just don't tell Zoro that I decided not to sleep.

"I wouldn't have to tell him!" Chopper said angrily. "You should see your eyes. It's obvious that you haven't gotten much sleep lately!"

"I'm sorry," I said. "I won't rest until Zoro is actively doing what he did before he got kidnapped."

Nami then said, "Come on, Sanji, you know that not sleeping is not going to help."
"I know, Nami, but I rather make sure he is alright first," I said with a sigh. I knew that everyone was worried about me, but I needed to put Zoro first.

"I know I can't stop you," Chopper said. "But please, at least have a proper amount of food. I notice you not giving yourself enough food either!"
"Alright, I'll eat more if you insist," I said.

"Thanks, Sanji," Chopper said.