Chapter 5

Annas POV-

Weenie then came running down the stairs towards me and I saw gracie standing there.

She waved at me with a small smile.
I put rocky down and went up to gracie and hugged her. She hugged me back tightly and then we separated both smiling at each other.

"You're probably wondering why i'm here. I remembered I had the key to your apartment and I missed you if i'm gonna be honest, anyways weenie wanted to know if rocky wanted to go to the dog park with him." She said smiling.

"You're an idiot but yeah it looks like rocky would like to go." I said smiling back.

I grabbed rockys leash and then I grabbed gracies hand and we both walked out of my apartment.

"Are you sure you want to hold my hand while we walk? What if paparazzis are outside?" She says in the elevator.

"You're right I'm sorry." I say letting go of her hand.

Gracie and I have been talking and hanging out more lately. It felt amazing to finally be back in her presence. We're trying to be more private about it than we were the last time because we both know that some healing needs to be done before we allow ourselves to go to the next step.

Of course Gracie was right and there was paparazzi outside. They started taking pictures of us and questioning us like crazy. Things like, "Are you guys back together?" and blah blah blah.

We just kept our heads down and continued walking with our dogs but then it got to be too much.

"Okay enough! You guys are scaring our dogs. Don't you have somewhere else to be?" Gracie says turning around.

"Oh come on gracie don't be like that we just want pictures of you two." A man says.

"You guys got plenty of pictures you've been following us for about 5 minutes now. Leave us alone seriously." I say.

Gracie and I have always hated paparazzi, they always made her nervous especially when she was alone and not with me. We understand its their job but sometimes they do too much.

"Just answer our questions!" Another one said.

"Respectfully, We don't need to answer anything you guys ask. Now leave us alone." I say.

I grab gracies hand seeing how nervous she looks and I start walking again. The paparazzi got a few pics of us walking away holding hands but I didn't care. Gracie was nervous and I had to do something about it.

"Thank you." She said looking at our hands.

"You always get nervous around them I just wanted you to know I was right there and that you're okay." I say.

We made it to the dog park and watched weenie and Rocky play with the other dogs. We laughed a lot and we had a lot of fun. I missed this, I missed her. After about an hour at the dog park we decided to walk back to my place thankfully with no paparazzi following us, again.

We made it into my apartment and I let rocky off of his leash and then put my keys on the counter and went to my fridge.

"Hey do you want anything? Water, Juice?" I ask gracie.

"A water is okay thank you. So do you have anything to do today?" she says.

I turn around and hand her a water bottle.

"nope. I just had a session this morning at the studio and the rest of my day is free. What about you?" I say.

"Well since we're both free do you maybe want to spend time together? if you don't want to its fine." She said looking down.

"I would love that." I say.

I walk up to her and put my arms around her waist and she turned around. Our faces were now just inches apart, we stood there just looking into each others eyes. Gracie then leaned in.

"I really want to kiss you." She said softly against my lips.

I brought her in closer to me making our lips finally connect. She brought her hands up to my face and I picked her up and put her on my counter gently. After awhile we separated to catch our breaths.

"I missed feeling your lips on me" She says out of breath smiling at me.

"I love you." I said softly.

Gracie grabbed my face and kissed me gently. I felt something fall on my face as she kissed me so I gently backed away and saw tears falling from her eyes.

"what's wrong gracie why are you crying." I say looking at her.

"I just, I never thought I would hear you say that again and i'm so sorry for messing up this moment but I just, I love you too more than anything and i'm so glad i'm here with you again." she says with more tears falling down her face.

"come here my love don't cry." I say quietly.

I wipe her tears away and then I pick her up and she wraps her arms around my neck. I walk us to the couch and I sit down on the couch with her still in my arms and we stayed like that for a couple minutes in silence. It wasn't weird or awkward, We both just stayed silent because its what was needed.

"How about we make some dinner together and watch some movies and then head to bed. If you're okay with staying and don't need to be anywhere in the morning." I say rubbing her back.

"As long as i'm with you its okay." She says.

The rest of the day was just gracie and I with our two dogs. Just like it used to always be. I was glad she was back in my life and I was back in hers. Today made me realize that maybe we were meant to be. She is my person and i'm hers. We just need to see what the future holds now and is it up to us?

A/n-
sooo how are you guys liking the story? Get ready for some drama soon.. sorry not sorry:)

Make sure to vote and comment please.