chapter 27

2 months Later.
December 23rd, 2023.
Wedding day.

Annas POV-

I paced back and forth in the room I was in getting ready.

"Hey whats wrong why are you pacing back and forth?" Rue said walking up to me.

"I'm getting married to Gracie. I'm actually doing it." I said still pacing back and forth.

Rue walked up to me and hugged me tightly which helped me calm down.

She let go and then put her hands on my shoulders.

"You've been waiting for this day literally a few weeks into meeting her. It's finally happening. She is going to be your wife an." she said slightly smiling.

"I love her so much rue it drives me insane sometimes." I say tearing up.

"hey no crying yet. You cry when you tell her that yourself." she said smiling and wiping my years.

We heard a knock on the door so we turns around and saw Olivia standing there with Conan.

"Hey annie you okay?" Conan said.

Conan out of nowhere started calling me annie and it just kind of stuck.

"Yeah i'm okay but what's wrong?" I say looking at them.

"Gracie wants to talk to you she said she just needs to hear your voice." Olivia said.

"But she said she didn't want to see me before the wedding because she believes its bad luck." I say confused.

"Trust me we know. She made us hang a curtain up just so she can talk to you without seeing you." Olivia said smiling.

"That's my girl." I say laughing slightly.

"Come on, I can tell you both need it." Conan said reaching his hand out.

I grabbed his hand and they brought me to the room gracie was in and they were right, she made them hang a curtain up but I could see her feet still which made me smile. They walked away and closed the door to give us privacy and I sat down on the other side of the curtain and felt her do the same since she put her back on mine.

"can you put your hand under so I can hold it please?" she said softly.

"Of course sweet girl what's wrong talk to me." I say back.

She put her hand under and I grabbed it softly.

"Are you having second thoughts? Its just I want you to be sure that you want to marry me because I know I can be a lot and I really just don't want you to leave me." she said in a sad tone.

I took a deep breath in because it hurt me to hear that.

I rubbed her hand gently and brought it up to my lips and kissed it.

"I love you gracie with every single fiber in me. you are the love of my life and I will never have second thoughts about that. I've been wanting to marry you ever since I met you and you ran into me and spilled your coffee all over me, I fell in love with the way you kept apologizing even though it was really my fault why you ran into me and I fell in love with how gentle you were trying to clean the coffee off of me and then you looked up at me and I knew I was going to love those eyes forever. you're my everything gracie. you will never be too much for me." I say.

I hear sniffling and then I feel her stand up.

"I really want to see you right now." She said softly.

"Gracie Abrams are you about to break your own rule for me?" I say smiling.

"shut up." She said moving the curtain to the side and running into my arms.