chapter 8

Annas POV-
1 month later..

"I don't give a fuck about what you guys want. This is my life and my career. I'm gonna make music the right away and not rush it so I don't put out shitty music for my fans." I say yelling.

Right now rue and I are sitting down with my record label because now they want an album sooner.

"Your career is in our hands. It doesn't matter what you and rue want its all up to us. We want a damn album and you're gonna give it to us." Dan said slamming his hands on his desk, one of the record labels managers.

"And i'll give you guys an album no problem but not within a couple of weeks. It takes a lot more than what you guys think, I don't just sit around on a computer like you fucks do. Now i'm fucking leaving I have my girl to get home to." I say getting up.

"Fine. We'll give you 3 months and we don't want to hear another thing out of you!" Dan yelled as I slammed the door to his office.

I made my way to the elevator that brought me down to the parking garage so I got in my car and waited for rue to come down. She came down after 10 minutes of me waiting, she got into the car and looked at me.

"What why are you looking at me like that?" I say starting the car.

"You can't just swear at them and leave like that. They own half of your music and the most I can do is talk with them but if you piss them off too much I won't be able to do anything." She says putting her seatbelt on.

I pull out of the parking garage and start driving to her house to drop her off.

"I'm just so sick of them treating me this way." I say sighing.

"I know but you don't want to push them too far or they can kick you off and keep your music to themselves and get the credits." She says.

"Oh please rue we both know they make millions because of me. They would be stupid to let me go." I say scoffing.

"I know but your contract has 6 months left and then maybe we can find you another record label or i don't know maybe go independent and see how you do." She says.

I look at her and nod my head. Being independent probably is better but I'll have to think about it.

The rest of the car ride was silent and I dropped her off at her house and then made my way to my apartment.

I came into my apartment and rocky ran to me but weenie and gracie were no where in sight until I heard laughing upstairs.

My heart dropped because I didn't know what to think so I slowly made my way upstairs and then I opened my door and saw gracie and olivia in my bed laughing.

Gracie looked at me and smiled and then hugged me.

"Hi baby how was your meeting?" she says

"Not good, I don't wanna talk about it right now." I say kissing her cheek.

She nodded and put her hand on my face and looked at me.

"I'm still here just so you guys know." Olivia says.

We both looked at Liv and let a laugh out.

"Hey liv, Hows life since your album went big." I say laying down.

"Great amazing fantastic." she said laughing.

I shook my head and laughed and looked at gracie who was already looking at me smiling so i blew a kiss at her and she pretended to catch it.

"I wanna find something like that." Olivia sighed.

Gracie and I looked at eachother trying not to laugh.

"What why are you guys doing that?" Olivia said.

I let a laugh out.

"You and Chris seem to hit it off a bit." Gracie said sitting next to me.

"He doesn't seem interested though. I ask him to hang out and he just won't." She says

"That dumbass." I say laughing.

Gracie hits my arm smiling.

"He likes you trust me. The night of my last show you know when you saw me in New York, yeah he said some things." I say laughing.

"What? what did he say?" Olivia says.

I pretend to seal my mouth and throw a key so she rolled her eyes.

We hung out with Olivia for about an hour or 2 and then she went home so it was just me and gracie.

I was sitting on the couch as she locked the door after Olivia left and she sat down next to me.

She was just sitting quietly so I looked over at her.

"Hey are you okay?" I say.

She turned and just looked at me.

"Yeah i'm okay." She says.

"Gracie what's wrong?" I say grabbing her hand.

"I don't want you to get mad at me." She says looking down.

"I won't just talk to me whats up?" I say pausing my show and putting all of my attention on her.

"before you got home someone texted me things so I called Olivia over because I knew you were in your meeting and I didn't want to be alone so I talked to her about it." She says.

I nodded listening.

"They said some things that upset me and I guess I just got in my head about it." She says playing with her rings.

"Who texted you?" I say.

"Emma." She says.

She then takes her phone out and shows me the messages.

The Messages:
Emma.

You're such a bitch you know that?

Anna doesn't love you.

She probably fucked so many people while on the road while you were at home missing her.

Watch her leave you again and break your heart all over again. Just for you to write more about her.

You could have had better but instead you wanted to be stupid and go back to her.

I should have kissed you when she walked in.

End of Messages.

I looked up at Gracie and saw her crying so I put my arms around her and laid down so she could have her head on my chest.

"I love you gracie so much more than you know. I know I hurt you and trust me I beat myself up for it but I promise you I'm not going anywhere and what Emma is saying is wrong and not correct at all." I say kissing her head.

"It just hurt to read those things and for her to say she should have done something else to me while I laid there and slept is just so wrong. I fell asleep drunk next to someone I thought I could trust but the whole time she wanted to ruin our relationship and when the time came she did." She says.

I kissed her head and rubbed her face.

"I know I can never fix what happened and the time we missed together but I promise you i'm never gonna leave you again. I love you Gracie." I said.

"I love you anna"She said looking up at me.

She then smiled at me.

"What are you smiling about." I said looking down at her.

She leaned in and kissed me.
The lips I so dearly missed and forever will love.